911 Engine Stand Yoke

MFX

Hey guys,

I am ready to start on my engine tear down, and I was wondering if someone has a 911 yoke I could borrow? Otherwise I will either have to buy one or build one (probably the latter).

Thanks,

Jeff.

Can't help myself......

Isn't it 'Home built by Jeff'....not 'Borrowed by Jeff' :ph34r:

Sorry mate ;) 

Car might be home built, but where does he claim to have built the tools. Next you will be wanting him to mine the ore to make the iron to convert to steel and then forge his own parts.... Jeff, that might save you some money!;)

Can't help myself......

Isn't it 'Home built by Jeff'....not 'Borrowed by Jeff' :ph34r:

Sorry mate ;) 

hahaha. Nice ;) 

Car might be home built, but where does he claim to have built the tools. Next you will be wanting him to mine the ore to make the iron to convert to steel and then forge his own parts.... Jeff, that might save you some money!;)

Actually I did build the tube bender and other bits and pieces. It may well be better to build the yoke than order one and wait but it would be easier to borrow one ;) 

I've always wondered about the flat 6 yoke versus the standard engine stand yoke. Obviously they are different (duh)

Can you get away with just extending the arms or does the base plate need different slots?

Just a curious sucker as I have NFI

I've always wondered about the flat 6 yoke versus the standard engine stand yoke. Obviously they are different (duh)

Can you get away with just extending the arms or does the base plate need different slots?

Just a curious sucker as I have NFI

I was the same. I didn't understand why you needed a special one, but now I have been reading Wayne Dempsey's book it all makes sense. The 911 yoke attaches to only one side of the case as it obviously is in two bits, where as most regular engines obviously have a solid block to mount onto.

hahaha. Nice ;) 

Actually I did build the tube bender and other bits and pieces. It may well be better to build the yoke than order one and wait but it would be easier to borrow one ;) 

The yoke has rebates machined in to clear parts of the block.  Its worth getting one if you can.  You'll need spacers for the bolts too.

Looks like Bumble has one I can borrow and he lives close by. Apparently he also has the cam tools which he lent to another PFA member which he just needs to get back. Fingers crossed I can start the engine teardown soon.

I have a yoke you can borrow. Not sure it clears the oil cooler though.... if you want to email me I can send you photos.. 

I have a lead on a closer one, so I will let you know. Thanks heaps for offering ;) 

Archived