Happy Laps

Howe

Just jump on the Queensland Raceway website and you can see when the practice sessions or sprints are on at QR or Lakeside. You can get a day license for 20 bucks, or an annual for 50. Sprints are between 135 and 175 bucks a day and you can rent a lap timer for 20 bucks with a 100 dollar deposit (or buy it outright for 120). General practice sessions are a bit cheaper. If you really just want to do happy laps...like clutch monkey said there are a couple of facebook clubs that regularly have them like downshift, torque time etc...but beware that those sessions tend to have a lot of cars on track and everybody creeps around corners so that they can drag down the straights.

VW Watercooled no longer allow anything other than FWD cars along to their meets Clutch btw.

BMW Club holds happy laps at Lakeside, otherwise there are many more at QR (if you like only racing in a straight line)

As Timm said, you can easily get yourself a day licence for General Practice, at which you can take your own pace. 86 Club also has been doing track days now at Norwell again.

I'm planning on going to the next midweek sprint at QR (Wednesday the 5th) so would be happy to show you the basics Howe. Midweeks are normally pretty quiet so there are less cars out on track and everyone can have a pit.

Many thanks Guys have checked out QR web site and will go along for one of the mid week sessions.

Thanks Tim for the offer, going Kite surfing that week but I will look out for your 944 and say hello on track if I see you, what colour is your 944?

Many thanks Guys have checked out QR web site and will go along for one of the mid week sessions.

Thanks Tim for the offer, going Kite surfing that week but I will look out for your 944 and say hello on track if I see you, what colour is your 944?

Sounds good mate. It's a white turbo on deep dish wheels with black centres.

Archived