The Nightmare

thesnowdrift

Sorry about the mishap. Will you replace the airbox or repair it?

The SC is also prone to this problem, Pelican have a pop-off valve that opens and relieves pressure in the airbox when required. Sounds like good insurance. Will add it to my shopping list before I press my luck..

Info here

rEd

No secret rEd - PM me for pricing, or give me a call at Autohaus Hamilton.

My pricing in $ terms won't always look very sexy compared to Pelican, but then again, my stuff is already in Australia, and that makes a mahoosive difference, especially for low value items like this part. I've got one in stock, and can always get more.

James

Hi Guys...

Looks like the pop off valve was a little sticky and a little too much back pressure...

I have watched just about every video on YouTube and mine is 110% disintegrated in comparison...

Looks like my POV was an after thought at some point and or the airbox was a second hand unit or a repaired unit installed after an engine fire...

Won't mention any names but again i am amazed...

The multiple different screws holding the box together and the excessive black silicone does not appear standard...

It's beyond just replace it now...

I have pulled half of it out now, just got the air-con to remove then time to pull the inlets off...

May aswell just spend numerous weekends detailing the engine bay now... ;)

Oh how such a misfortune can be a gift horse... :P

Just hope it don't go bang when I turn the key... <_<

Pete

be a good plan to get the fuel pressures and mixture checked,otherwise you could be doing it again sooner than you think.

you probably already know,but for those that don't,

touching the throttle on start-up of a k-jet car is a big no-no

lost count of the number of car washers and inexperienced dudes blowing up k-boxes back in the day at hamiltons

be a good plan to get the fuel pressures and mixture checked,otherwise you could be doing it again sooner than you think.

you probably already know,but for those that don't,

touching the throttle on start-up of a k-jet car is a big no-no

lost count of the number of car washers and inexperienced dudes blowing up k-boxes back in the day at hamiltons

where would we be without you jnr...

cheers mate it was on my mind before cranking it over...

will certainly be cheaper for a tow truck to take it for a test before turning the key...

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG...thats it, it's all out, let the games begin...

What a joke, I have seen some dodgy crap but this takes the biscuit...

The so called expert that put the motor back together after a little fuel fire actually used the semi melted air box and looks like 2 tubes of black silicone...

That's enough for now, I need a break before I try to find a new air box...

Have a great weekend guys, hope your out there enjopying your P B)

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG...thats it, it's all out, let the games begin...

What a joke, I have seen some dodgy crap but this takes the biscuit...

The so called expert that put the motor back together after a little fuel fire actually used the semi melted air box and looks like 2 tubes of black silicone...

That's enough for now, I need a break before I try to find a new air box...

Have a great weekend guys, hope your out there enjopying your P B)

I hear you.

Have seen a fair share of examples of "expert" work over the years. Dodgy backyard builder more likely in your case.

Enjoy your P, I hear that cleaning the engine bay with a toothbrush can be quite therapeutic. :P

I hear you.

Have seen a fair share of examples of "expert" work over the years. Dodgy backyard builder more likely in your case.

Enjoy your P, I hear that cleaning the engine bay with a toothbrush can be quite therapeutic. :P

Cheers randall,

Unfortunately it wasn't a back yard repair, I have the worksheet and invoice for the work...

I only have 3 toothbrushes to do the egine bay with, hope they hold out... :D

Archived