Looking at a 356C

Skidmarks

Hi everyone. 

Ive got a 61 T5B hot rod in the shed and am looking at at 356C but no idea where to pitch the offer if I make one.

The vendor is of the "make me an offer" variety (which I respect).

Its a base C, silver but was grey, red interior presumaed original and my very experienced mechanic who knows the car scores it an overall 8/10.

Can anyone give me a ballpark of current values of a car like this?

Thanks. 

Can anyone give me a ballpark of current values of a car like this?

I've seen a few of these come and go over the last couple of years. Like always there is a broad range depending on condition, aussie, originality etc. Today, most list for $150k +/- $20k and I expect are selling for less as they sit for a while at that price. Checkout CTS and Duttons, they have had a few which have been sitting for a while around this price and they definitely sell at the top of the market.

I passed on an immaculate aussie 356B 2.5 years ago for $75k... that's just one of my sad stories :(

I've seen a few of these come and go over the last couple of years. Like always there is a broad range depending on condition, aussie, originality etc. Today, most list for $150k +/- $20k and I expect are selling for less as they sit for a while at that price. Checkout CTS and Duttons, they have had a few which have been sitting for a while around this price and they definitely sell at the top of the market.

I passed on an immaculate aussie 356B 2.5 years ago for $75k... that's just one of my sad stories :(

We've all got a "one that got away" story ...

Thanks for the reply.

With Airhead on this.  LHD or converted, affects the price, but not as much as in early 911's.  Body and floor are the main things.  They can all have some rust somewhere ... What is original on the car?  Seats, tools, carpets, steering wheel, rims?  Mechanical history is probably known to you also.  Depending on originality, RHD, rust checks in the usual places, $125-150K IMO. 

With Airhead on this.  LHD or converted, affects the price, but not as much as in early 911's.  Body and floor are the main things.  They can all have some rust somewhere ... What is original on the car?  Seats, tools, carpets, steering wheel, rims?  Mechanical history is probably known to you also.  Depending on originality, RHD, rust checks in the usual places, $125-150K IMO.

Wow. Me likey your confidence.

Archived