915 M241 short shifter mod

Stew F

I just ordered a factory M241 conversion kit from PCSA.  Ex Melbourne, and just a few bucks more than buying it from OS and freighting it over.  So when I get a spare Saturday afternoon I'll make a start.

All new bushes for the shifter, actuator rod and coupler are ready to go. Stand by for a diy thread in the next few weeks.  

Anyone who has done this, how would you rate it's level of difficulty?  How many spanners out of 10?

@Philbee, I've ordered the factory kit.  I didn't really look at any others, except to eliminate the Weltmeister modification kit from the start. All the things I read about the factory kit suggested it's a good way to go. Will do a before and after once I've installed it. Hopefully no more spoon in a mixing bowl feeling. 

@Stew F - very interested to see how you get on with this and if it is as good as reported as I have been considering the wevo but would prefer to keep the original look.

Can you give an indication on price for the kit supplied through PCSA?

Cheers

@Stew F - very interested to see how you get on with this and if it is as good as reported as I have been considering the wevo but would prefer to keep the original look.

Cheers

pretty sure there is an option with WEVO to go (very)  original looking.

Cheers

M241 parts kit 911-424-931-00 and a crush sleeve for the shift knob cane in at $312.95 including tax.  Same bits from the bird, including postage came in at $306.35. I ordered it on Tuesday afternoon. Mark rang me this morning around 10 to say it was in.  I decided to give the local blokes my money.  There's still 2 ex stock in Melbourne.

Cheers

Yeah there is a Wevo original look one, but pretty expensive I think.

M241 parts kit 911-424-931-00 and a crush sleeve for the shift knob cane in at $312.95 including tax.  Same bits from the bird, including postage came in at $306.35. I ordered it on Tuesday afternoon. Mark rang me this morning around 10 to say it was in.  I decided to give the local blokes my money.  There's still 2 ex stock in Melbourne.

Yeah there is a Wevo original look one, but pretty expensive I think.

Good to know. Thanks

FYI:  Factory fitted?, didn't know there was such a thing until this thread... So I called PCB today and asked them for a factory short-shift for an early g50 gearshift..yes it's M243 !! But just my luck "no longer available". It was $330 + gst and no boot to cover it either.

Archived