Bolt in roll bar/cage 997.1 Carrera?

911 Snake

Hi all,

Hoping to hit the track in the near future and have been thinking about putting in a simple bolt in roll bar/half cage that will still retain the rear seats (similar to the 991 link below). As my P is my daily - is it illegal in VIC to drive around with something like the below in? Lets face it, a big part of me considering one is for a bit of visual stimulation as well :D

https://www.agency-power.com/shop/bolt-in-roll-bar-harness-bar-porsche-991-carrera-turbo/

Anyone recommend Aussie distributors/shops that supply good quality brands? Preferably Melb. I'm not after anything custom or fabricated.

cheers

There's a factory techquipment one from Porsche although you'd likely have to get one from Suncoast as they are light on the ground locally and hard to find.

I run one out of a 997 in my 996TT and run the factory cage in my GT2.  You should haven't any issues.

I agree, Techquip would be your best bet. 

I'd be dubious about keeping the back seats (if you can even call them that) in, you only need one officer having a bad day to give you a hard time over it.

GT2/3 are compliance as 2 seat where as everything else is compliance as 4 seats... one little legal grey area to be mindful of should you leave the seats in with roll bar. 

In my experience with these cars, cops only ever pull you over to have a chat... as long as you're not driving like mong. 

Look on Sun Coast, Carnewal, GMG and of course stalk rennlist. 

Fantastic! thanks guys.

Yes I definitely agree in wanting to keep the back seats in, both legally and also more of an aesthetic choice. I feel there's just too much carpet back there if I removed them.

Looks like Suncoast doesn't stock them anymore, nor could I find any other places..  -  Might  need to hunt down a private seller. :ph34r: 

Good old Pelican has a few options though: http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/pel_search_2016.cgi?command=DWsearch&description=roll+bar&I1.x=7&I1.y=7

thanks again!

I think you're a lot less likely to have trouble with the cops if you don't have seats in the back with a cage.  The rules about how close the bars of the cage can be to any occupants and there is no way in the world you could us rear seats with a cage and be inside the rules.

The way the tequipment bolts in the back it replaces the bolt to the rear seat belt so you need to remove the back seats anyway as they won't fit, the lower seat cushion definitely can't and it would be too dangerous for occupants anyway. 

Agreed, it takes literally 5 mins to remove the rear seats or you may get away with getting the uppers in the lower "shelf" position.  The lower sections pull out as they are velcro'd in.  At least they do from memory in the 993 and 996 TT's

Archived