FS: Boxster S 987.2 black edition

Up for sale is my boxster S black edition 987.2 
2011 (my 12)

46,000 kms on the clock

This is a limited edition boxster S

1 of only 987 ever made, has plaque on glove box to show number

engine has same tuning as a cayman S from factory,

3.4 ltr, 235kW / 370Nm

PDK dual clutch 7 speed gear box (have never used launch control)

performance: 0-100 5.1 sec and 4.9 with sports plus (according to the manual)

19" spyder wheels,  19 x 8.5 front, 19 x 10 rear

Everything on it is black, tail pipes, gauges, interior.

Sat nav

heated seats

sports steering wheel with the proper paddle shifters

sports chrono package with sports and sport plus mode

no mods at all, car is all standard including suspension

2nd owner

full porsche service history through porsche sydney, melbourne and weltmeister

new front and rear brakes including rotors where just done last week

have both keys, and all books

will come with RWC

Has the usual few stone chips, as the car actually is driven and not a dust collector in the garage, but no dings and never been in an accident

Also one of the clear rear stone guards is starting to peel off, but have purchased 2 new ones to replace them for the new owner

SOLD

Great looking Box John, good luck with the sale.

Hopefully your staying with the P marque  

What number is yours by the way..?

Cheers Niko

mine is no: 048

Yep, chances are i will be replacing it with another P car

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

cant believe i havent had a single enquiry on this car, even on carsales, not even from the low ballers :)

anyways, as i dont drive it anymore apart from weekends when im not working, i figure i wont be replacing it with another p car, instead will trade it in for a lotus and use it a a track car, as i gather it will be a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain, service and parts.

So if anyone is even remotely interested in this car let me know before i do trade it in

Hey John just had a quick look on carsales and I think IMO that high 70's should get a couple of calls and sale price should end up around $70 - $75. A nice 981 with similar fruit on there that might go for around 80k and I remember a Cayman black edition (same year??) sitting there for a little while at high 70's (I think...) . Lots of competition amongst the boxsters with so many available and so many variables and prices, from 07-08  (3.4 mans) and then 09-12 (Mans and PDK) and a few 13-15's for 10 to 20k more than yours. Yes it's a limited edition, and being "all black features" means a more limited market as well, but not old enough for that limited edition feature to kick in too much IMO ... Don't go the trade route mate you'll end up getting 60K:( Stick to your guns and really if it's been on there in full feature for a month and a bit, it's really just the price holding back a sale. GLWS

thanks guys, yes she sure is a beauty and hasnt given me one little bit of trouble.

Wont be too upset if it doesnt sell to be honest, just thinking a new model may be nice

I just traded in my 08 Black Boxster S and my GTI for an Audi SQ5. Picking her up tomorrow. I had a few bites on carsales with one going to PPI but I suspect the buyer was trying to pull a fast one (i.e. get it at a lower price) because his mechanic (whom asked me to take the car to for a PPI) said that the car didn't seem to have had a major service (and that he didn't like that). The fact is it had been done, by the dealership I bought it from, prior to purchase and I had also changed the plugs, rotors and pads, new tyres and battery in the last 2 years of ownership. The last two services were with Porsche South Sydney and they didn't pick any problems with it and neither did Autohaus Hamilton when I brought it into them for the PPI. My pricing wasn't high either, it was actually priced lower than a lot ones with higher mileage or older cars spec'd the same. So I haven't had a good selling experience with Carsales yet.

I just traded in my 08 Black Boxster S and my GTI for an Audi SQ5. Picking her up tomorrow. I had a few bites on carsales with one going to PPI but I suspect the buyer was trying to pull a fast one (i.e. get it at a lower price) because his mechanic (whom asked me to take the car to for a PPI) said that the car didn't seem to have had a major service (and that he didn't like that). The fact is it had been done, by the dealership I bought it from, prior to purchase and I had also changed the plugs, rotors and pads, new tyres and battery in the last 2 years of ownership. The last two services were with Porsche South Sydney and they didn't pick any problems with it and neither did Autohaus Hamilton when I brought it into them for the PPI. My pricing wasn't high either, it was actually priced lower than a lot ones with higher mileage or older cars spec'd the same. So I haven't had a good selling experience with Carsales yet.

out of all the cars i have sold, car sales was only useful for one, my old 03 WRX.

With this car, nothing at all, not even a question asked :)

will be pulling it from there soonish and start visiting some dealers to see what i can get as a trade in. If the change over price doesnt suit, i'll simply keep the black edition. Just a shame that it doesnt get driven as much anymore.

out of all the cars i have sold, car sales was only useful for one, my old 03 WRX.

With this car, nothing at all, not even a question asked :)

will be pulling it from there soonish and start visiting some dealers to see what i can get as a trade in. If the change over price doesnt suit, i'll simply keep the black edition. Just a shame that it doesnt get driven as much anymore.

Boxsters are a bit harder to move I find. Caymans seem sell quite easily. It must be the hair dresser stigma which means most Aussie guys won't even consider them, which is a pity cause I feel that they are more involving and visceral to drive compared to the Cayman.

went to a few dealers now, and trade in values arent the greatest, but one was acceptable so may be taking him up on the offer.

Going to see a couple more dealers today and make my final call.

went to a few dealers now, and trade in values arent the greatest, but one was acceptable so may be taking him up on the offer.

Going to see a couple more dealers today and make my final call.

Good luck, and make sure they know what they're getting, it's a beautiful example.  

My Cayman sold within the first week that I put it up for sale. It was truly one of the best examples out there, but I undercut people with more kms and less dollars spent. That did not feel right, but it got the interest up and inspired the bloke that bought to get his skates on and make sure he was the new owner.

It also drastically reduced the margin for bargaining, as I could point to the other cars, and simply tell any interested people to go check them out first then make an offer. The other "rival" sellers at the time (I sold 4 weeks ago) still have their cars for sale. 

Lowering the price to be under rivals was going to be my next step but thought I'd check out the dealers.

not many 2011's up for sale at the moment though

if someone wanted to throw me an offer before it went to them will happily consider it.

Archived