944 Turbo or S2

OzJustin

I'm currently starting a hunt for a 944 Turbo or S2 coupe after a few years out of the market. I'm most keen on a red S2 but will consider other colours.

I'm located in Brisbane but willing to travel Australia wide for the right car. My budget is ballpark $30k for the best possible car I can find.

Should you be aware of a suitable car I would love to hear from you. :) 

I'd love to have one of each, both great cars, same but different..

As a daily I bought the S2 as the power delivery appealed more with it's wonderful torque from the engine. You can drive as fast or slow as you want, it does both extremely well. S2's are still fast cars, if you know how to drive them properly. I've been in one a few years before I got mine and the owner did a standing start in 5th gear and it pulled fine. I've never seen that before. 3rd is a wonderful gear that you can slow down to 40kph in for a tight slow corner and smoothly power out all the way to 120kph without a gear change. They sound great as well. 

If you want something special with a push in the back then the turbo. If you want something to modify then the turbo. 

Not that I like falcons, but think XR8 (944 S2) or XR6 turbo (944 T). Same car, different power delivery. If you work our which XR you'd own you are a way towards finding your 944 answer. 

You won't go wrong with either one. 

Thanks for the advice all. A few years ago I was set on a Turbo but now my head is leaning more towards an S2.

Timm - I would love the luxury of driving both cars back to back but there are just so few cars out there, let alone willing owners.

I'm not in any great rush (market aside). I'll know the car when I spot it though. :)

Archived