PORSCHE 911 RUBBER FRONT CHIN SPOILER QUERY

marcoreb

Hi could someone help me on a query.

When looking at most of the brochures most of the 74' Carrera models Australia, US Spec and Euro spec; most didn't have the front lower lip chin rubber spoiler. Could someone tell me was this a 74 onwards or maybe 75 onwards part? Even with the 74' Mfi's delivered to Australia. Some 74's have it. Some don't, so trying to work out when it was factory spec. Thanks for any help!!

I know that on my 1984 Carrera it came standard in conjunction with the real spoiler

Porsche officially doesn't recommend the front lip unless the rear spoiler is fitted

Dare say a lot of cars have had them fitted despite a lack of rear spoiler because it looks much better and most people aren't hitting high speed that often 

My 2 cents!

My understanding is that you can have the front lip without the tail, but if you have the whale tail you should also have the front spoiler.

I'm not sure about duck tails.

I understand that '74 Carrera models came with duck tails and carrera tails.

My 81 has the chin spoiler but no rear spoiler.  I'm removing it

Guys  - Hang on!

The true reality is we are not hitting Autobahn speeds - If you're hovering around 100kmh thereabouts, me personally, I'd happily live with just the front chin spoiler because it looks SOOOOOOOO much better.

Mine has both because they were factory fitted, but if I only had the front chin it'd be staying on

I was only trying to answer the question of what is "factory spec"

Archived