Is this good buying?

teknostar

The answer probably lies in this bit: "car is on the wova".

Looks like the car is technically a write-off, even though the ad says it has not been in an accident.

I think WOVA = Written Off Vehicle Advice (list).

That would explain the lack of plates and the low price, if I am correct.

James

Suspiciously cheap, he claims it is registered but no RWC and James could be right about it being a write off for some reason. There has been a racket where flood damaged cars have been moved to Victoria from NSW and Qld. Definitely check it out in every respect ! Talk to Rego Authorities with VIN and engine numbers.Don't part with any money until you have all the answers and a pre purchase inspection from a Porsche technician.

Also go to the VicRoads site www.vicroads.gov.au and under Registration there is the PPSR (Personal Property Security Register ($3.70 is a match found for a certificate) and the VRES Vehicle Registration Enquiry Service which is free. Write offs are recorded as is Rego status.

Well blow me down. My towie said I should let Pickles Car Auctions know that the car had a pre-existing non-declared fault, and was presented as a FSH car in good condition. I spoke with the General Manager at Pickles, Mark Pearce and he spoke to the wholesaler who put the car in, and they have arranged a full refund of the the car, less the $577 auction fees. The towie took it away today, and I will be getting a refund of the $29k I paid for it.

It was a nice car, and the price left some room to put a new engine in and still be able to sell without making a loss, but I think I will stick to the old stuff and get one of my 356's on the road and keep a lookout for a nice 993, which is what I was really after anyway!

Cheers

Steve

Archived