Found and fitted (with pic): 996.1 aero (ie GT3 style) front bumper and side skirts

D2000

Personally I'm not a fan of the MK2 side skirts on a MK1. If you're not in a rush MK1s do come up from time to time on ebay/gumtree. 

Where are the MK2s from?

Design 911.

After a bad experience with a used part recently, I'm only prepared to buy new for the skirts so am stuck paying retail!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Design 911.

After a bad experience with a used part recently, I'm only prepared to buy new for the skirts so am stuck paying retail!

Oh no, is that the front bar?

Not as described? It's quite difficult with panel parts unfortunately.

Oh no, is that the front bar?

Not as described? It's quite difficult with panel parts unfortunately.

Yep.  So ended up buying a brand new one.  At the time I had side skirts on order from Suncoast Porsche for about US$1,100 but that ultimately couldn't get stock.  So cost has really blow out!

So bad it was unusable? It looked okay in the photos, guess that's half the problem! 

What did the new one set you back? Did you get it from Design911? 

Still repairable, but evidence of past repairs that weren't shown in the photos and which if I had known about I wouldn't have bought.  My car is in really good condition and I just wasn't prepared to put a bumper like that on it.

New one was $3,100 from Porsche Centre Adelaide, including shipping to NSW.  Design 911 was only a few hundred less so I preferred to buy locally and avoid the hassle

Thats a great price actually, the MK2 bumper is over 5k new from the dealership. 

Shame about the second hand one though.

Hang in there you'll find the side skirts eventually but now you need to get the taco wing!! That is a must :D  

Thats a great price actually, the MK2 bumper is over 5k new from the dealership. 

Shame about the second hand one though.

Hang in there you'll find the side skirts eventually but now you need to get the taco wing!! That is a must :D  

Now that I have the bumper I just want to get the skirts sorted so I can get everything painted and fitted at once.

I'm going for a no taco look:  https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1503298 (but in seal grey)

Now that I have the bumper I just want to get the skirts sorted so I can get everything painted and fitted at once.

I'm going for a no taco look:  https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1503298 (but in seal grey)

Nice, just dont drive too fast as its recommended to have the whole aerokit if you're doing non street speeds (not a huge concern).

I've taken my rear wing off and thought hurmm looks good without it, then put it back on and though hurrmmm looks great with it! 

Each to their own but keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for thinking of me.

Have finally pushed the button on an order of OEM skirts from Porsche - $2,750! but also comes with the rear bumper spats, which I will probably move on rather than use

Thanks for thinking of me.

Have finally pushed the button on an order of OEM skirts from Porsche - $2,750! but also comes with the rear bumper spats, which I will probably move on rather than use

Ouch but as long as you're happy :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived