Macan ambient air flow

johnno

Driving a 2017 Macan and wanting to get ambient air flow through the vents. 

Tried switching off the aircon and setting temp to Lo - what we get is hot vent air. Do we just open the windows and shut the vents?

Wanting to cruise on a nice day with the windows down without the aircon and so far all settings attempts have resulted in hot air through the vents.

Have done some searching and starting to think the air flow will always be warmed up, but keen to hear what PFA owners have found.

Good question I have not tried ambient. I drive with the pana roof open a lot as I travel to work early morning and return early evening and I just turn the fan/ac off and havnt bothered with fresh air via the fan through the vents.  I do know their are some ac settings available via the pcm car setting screen might be worth a look.

From what I have seen a lot of late model cars no longer have this function...... what I have to do in my Merc is what you have said, put fan on low, turn AC off and have fresh air on. The air coming through the vents may be warm due to heat soak from dash etc.... if it is run the AC briefly to cool the system and then turn off... may work for you?

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I've passed that on to my other half.

The solution seems to be to turn the fans off and open the window and sunroof. If you want airflow through the vents then switch the A/C on.

There have been a few new things to learn with this car, the one before this was the tyre pressure sensors. How accurate are they, learnt about the few psi error unless I check the pressures on cold tyres. The Macan is proving to be a great thing, very happy so far.

Edgy - of course, you're in Sydney. How goes the front screen demister? We've only experienced the inside screen fogging badly once, but clearing that seemed a problem without cooking the occupants.

Edgy - of course, you're in Sydney. How goes the front screen demister? We've only experienced the inside screen fogging badly once, but clearing that seemed a problem without cooking the occupants.

I have not had to use the de-mister yet, maybe in winter I will have the opportunity to do so. 

Overall we love our Macan it is a great car, my only bug bears with it are the multizone A/C is just a gimmick, its very in-effective when you try to run multi fan speeds and temps, so we've always got it on "Sync" to get the most efficient performance from it, and in the wrong PCM screens you lose the clock, I would like to have a permanent clock somewhere in the cabin. 

But that is all I have to complain about, I suspect we will keep it a very long time if it holds up in the reliability department. 

• 4 weeks later...

Chrono, expensive clock option @@edgy

I just saw this... no thanks!

Most useless/expensive option on the Macan's option list by a long shot! Actually make that on the entire Porsche option list! 

I have Sport Chrono in a GT3 that doesn't get used (that's what dorian timer is for) why the hell do I want to spend circa $3000 to get it in an SUV? "Oh but you get .2 of a second better performance" they say! :rolleyes:

Put simply, when I read about idiots who "would not own a Macan without Sport Chrono" there is simply not enough face palm memes on the internet to help me with my lament of that stupid notion. 

Update: Ambient airflow doesn't happen. Use the aircon to cool the ducts and then switch aircon off or switch the fans off and just open the window.

Today my good lady couldn't lock the car, the key electronics just didn't do anything. Tried my key it didn't work either. The dealer advised this is a known issue with interference from other devices in the area. The car was in an outdoor shopping centre carpark and there was some power line work going on nearby with half a dozen trucks and personnel. Took the car home and keys are working fine again.

Has anyone else run in to this issue of other devices interfering with the operation of your key remote? 

Archived