Vinyl Number Plates.

Hey Danny,

I was recommended 'Letter Art' to do the decals for my car (The owner is also a member of the Porsche club), I had them do some plates while they were at it - would highly recommend them to anyone! They even went to Spencer's workshop (where the car was at the time) to fit them!

Details are: 93 Fairway Dr Rowville 9753 9333 / 0418 310 499.

Cheers, Hugh.

Thanks Guys,

Car is at panel shop at the moment getting spoiler and front bar resprayed as a result of many stone chips. Will contact letter art in the coming days.

Cheers

Danny

Really? I have been pulled over few times, whilst the police have noticed them they have not said that they are illegal...............not very cool if thats the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LMAO!!

Sure can see the dealers in action day and night down there. Too difficult and too dangerous to approach, you could probably throw in a bit of political correctness as well.

Much easier to bust a soft dude in a classic vehicle for the heinous crime of number plate fraud.

Perhaps we should become more violent and start threatening them with used Mobil 1 syringes and see if they back off a bit and get back to tackling real issues.

Touched a raw nerve with me here as I was done for the exact same crime, also having to endure the obligatory lecture from a young copper that still probably gets his mum to do his washing.

Junkies have no money and are no good at paying fines.

Pretty easy to figure out who is going to be the flavour of the month eh!

Dave.

PS Sorry Nico I know you are ex job.

Hi Chris,

I'm bloody cold up here I can assure you,thanks for asking.

Would you mind please deleting the repeat entries for me.

I was playing with the changed mobile format and managed to enter the same thing a couple of times over.

I tried to delete myself but couldn't see how.

Is it possible if you are a mere mortal and not a moderator?

Thanks Dave

LMAO!!

Sure can see the dealers in action day and night down there. Too difficult and too dangerous to approach, you could probably throw in a bit of political correctness as well.

Much easier to bust a soft dude in a classic vehicle for the heinous crime of number plate fraud.

Perhaps we should become more violent and start threatening them with used Mobil 1 syringes and see if they back off a bit and get back to tackling real issues.

Touched a raw nerve with me here as I was done for the exact same crime, also having to endure the obligatory lecture from a young copper that still probably gets his mum to do his washing.

Junkies have no money and are no good at paying fines.

Pretty easy to figure out who is going to be the flavour of the month eh!

Dave.

PS Sorry Nico I know you are ex job.

No worries Dave, never guilty of "Chasing Cars" myself. Firm believer that cops should be catching crooks and that we should have a separate unit (nothing to do with police) such as a Road Traffic Authority for both cars and trucks.

niko

No worries Dave, never guilty of "Chasing Cars" myself. Firm believer that cops should be catching crooks and that we should have a separate unit (nothing to do with police) such as a Road Traffic Authority for both cars and trucks.

niko

I'm unaware of what happens in Victoria (does anything happen in Victoria?) but believe that in NSW non standard plates are worth a fine and 3 demerit points. Any latte sipping Porsche driving upwardly mobile trendoid persons may just catch the wrong officer on the wrong day. Drive a Ford or Holden and you could be ok, drive a Porsche and it could be like having a target painted on your chest. Not that our highway patrol might stereotype you, I certainly would not suggest that for a moment.

Guest Nick987

Don't want to mess with their revenue generating systems, so easy score spotting a non compliant plate. And a nice little fine to boot.

If push comes to shove, I've considered going for a blast nude (sans plates) see what they do then! Or better yet, made up sweary word plates for a quick run through some toll gantries :ph34r:

Eg

FKNWTU

JSTKDN

FINDME

EETDI$

PORKR$

PORKER

SPDN4U

You get what I mean...

Archived