Opinions/Comments should I

CarreraG50

http://www.carsales.....5&sort=default

Sorry for the long post, been looking for a 911 for a little while, plan was to get some thing a little "special" (like a Carrera 3 or even a 901)however hard to find!!!

This one has been on carsales for quite some time, 12mths+ I think, everything I didn't want, LHD/RHD conversion, non numbers matching (Cali car, aren't they all).So went for a look,

Good points, Good paint, looks reasonable rust free, good panel gaps, Conversion done by BWA in Sydney, seems to run strong, oil press @ idle 30 and @ 2000rpm about 60. engine dry no oil leaks.

Bad points, wiring is a mess, doesn't change well (could be just linkage adj) owner claims once it is warm change improves markedly.(only took it for a 5 min drive)sticking throttle, interior just OK, steering wheel badly sun damaged. Also noticed QR timing device on windscreen owner reckons only been around the track a couple of times(track work not necessary a bad thing). AND THAT TAIL.

So asked owner if he was negotiable on price, "very" was his answer, needs it gone to make way for Alfa race car (Alfa's are actually his thing not Porsche's).

So is this worth spending a few bob on to make right, I am under no illusions this could swallow 5->10K very quickly, should I just keep looking???

By the way the owner is a really nice guy, very open about the cars faults and is a mechanic.....

VIN 9115201589

ENG 64C3232 (I actually wrote down 6403232 but dark in the shed so could be a C)

Will be cross posting on other boards I lurk at, so appoligies if you see it again

Thanks

John

Guest vas930

Sorry to go off topic.

However "alfa race car".

Someone is selling a Porsche for an alfa. :unsure:

These things tend to take a few days for me to get over.

Sell Porsche for Alfa?

No, that may take a week or two.

Sell Porsche for Alfa. :D:lol::D

Sorry to go off topic.

However "alfa race car".

Someone is selling a Porsche for an alfa. :unsure:

These things tend to take a few days for me to get over.

Sell Porsche for Alfa?

No, that may take a week or two.

Sell Porsche for Alfa. :D:lol::D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh my face hurts...

THAT TAIL is a turbo tail and if genuine could recoup approx $1500 maybe. A wiring loom can be had for about $1000. Gearbox -definitely needs a close look during a PPI. 3 litre motor better than the 2.7, and the price is reasonable. Worth the cost of the PPi before committing, and you'd know what to cost in for repairs, before you make an offer. At least the body has not been butchered.

Paul M

• 3 months later...

Old thread and all but I notice this car is still for sale:

Was there any further developments in buying it oz914?

Also, is there anything in particular that needs to be looked at with the engine swaps because I notice this one has a later 3.0 motor? Do the original 70's 911's with two pot calipers do the job with the more powerful motors or is it always recommended to upgrade them?

Man that was for sale when I was looking for one a year ago. I liked the colour etc however was skeptical of the bit where selling for someone else- not a bad thing.

Price is very good - all those writing in asking do we know of a car for sale with a budget 10 k higher as stated should check it out.

Archived