Roll Bars

tungatina64

Does anyone have advice on where to buy and have installed a bolt in 1/2 roll cage for a 76 C3 in Melb area?

Looking to be able to remove it when not on track (in case I need to throw the kids in the back). Have been advised that just having a harness bar (as wish to also install a decent seat and 6 point harness) is not safe with out at least a 1/2 cage.

• 1 month later...

.....as an update, I have booked in Chris to manufacture and install a 4 point half cage week after next.

Now looking for seats and harnesses.....any comments/suggestions?

Looking at Cobra Suzuka or Sparco Evo 3 seats, and maybe a Willans harness?

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear you were happy with Chris....................

In relation to the carpet, I have used Unique Auto Interiors - there are in Collingwood also: 94869070, 29 RUPERT ST, COLLINGWOOD, VIC 3066. I had the complete interior re-carpeted (including rear seat deleted) as well as a new hood lining. They were great.

Cheers, Hugh.

yep, only one at a time now!

Not a huge issue as I have my regular drive as well. The 911 is MY toy!

I get to see it this afternoon with the new seats/harnesses fitted...very excited!

Hugh - have chatted to Unique Auto Interiors (now located is Reservoir - pity as they were just around the corner from my office!), and they are happy to squeeze my carpeting job in this week. They were also recommended by my mechanic - so all the stars aligned!

• 4 weeks later...

the key is that I can easily convert back to how it was. this is as far as I will go with changes to the original car (maybe some more suspension mods/upgrades and a new exhaust!)

Mike

Famous last words Mike!

• 2 months later...

I was just looking around and saw your post Doish. My car has a 6 point "Matter" factory cage out of a 964 3.8RS ( I keep saying this to annoy Bab's) and can tell you it makes the car noticeably stiffer. I drove back from Tassie with it in the car but not fully bolted in as I had to mod the main hoop a bit. Anyhoow if you pushed hard you could see the car flex to meet the main hoop etc. After welding in the main hoop and adding an extra spa between them all the flex is gone and the turn in is much sharper.

Food for thought for you.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PORSCHE-911-930-ROLL-CAGE1974-1990-FROM-OMP-ITALY-NEW-/170687688458?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bdc76f0a&_uhb=1#ht_1020wt_1114

Archived