Cayman hotrod?

DJM

just spotted that on my105.  Would be fast but looks awful with the bling.  Easily fixed I suppose.  But I've done fast Turbo Porsches, exhilarating but madness and difficult to explore on the road.  NA is where it's at, for me at least,

I could live with the red highlights, the tail is a bit much.  It'd would be an absolute hoot, 440hp with 4.5 pounds!  (According to the seller) Bang for the dollar, it's awesome.

If a good low miles cayman s is around $55, all the goodies seem reasonably priced.  Id love to know what the replacement will be for this guy?

I keep looking at the 2006 track/race/daily car advertised and it's really tempting.  I know that I've said I'm all for driving a car and doing high kms but I'm not sure if the high kms that I want to do and lots of track focussed high RPM that this car has already done will go hand in hand and live forever.

He has all the original bits and so one could dial down the track focus if desired.  I'd try it as it stands for a while and then work out what to do.  I'm not sure that the orange wheels would suit me for a daily driver, and the harness would be an issue.....

I keep looking at the 2006 track/race/daily car advertised and it's really tempting.  I know that I've said I'm all for driving a car and doing high kms but I'm not sure if the high kms that I want to do and lots of track focussed high RPM that this car has already done will go hand in hand and live forever.

He has all the original bits and so one could dial down the track focus if desired.  I'd try it as it stands for a while and then work out what to do.  I'm not sure that the orange wheels would suit me for a daily driver, and the harness would be an issue.....

just dropped his price a couple of grand too.  You'd reckon high 50s would buy it.  A lot of car for the money.  Can't think of another Porsche for the money that would come close.

Yeah I think so too DJM, but I'm about 3 or 4 months away from being ready to buy so it's simply a tease!  And I really desire a red one so this silver and orange requires a mental shift as well.....

Yeah I think so too DJM, but I'm about 3 or 4 months away from being ready to buy so it's simply a tease!  And I really desire a red one so this silver and orange requires a mental shift as well.....

rose tinted glasses, vinyl wrap, Microsoft paint...one of the three should assist.

you're not helping Michel :-)

I'm thinking of going to see a 2011 white boxster after rethinking this having read Apogee's very fond musings over his.  I'm not sure I'm a convertible guy but a white one with a black hood may well tickle me fancy..... and if that goes okay, then I'm in a mess.....relatively newer white Boxster vs older red Cayman or Cayman S or perhaps this grey and orange ex race car....

I'm thinking of going to see a 2011 white boxster after rethinking this having read Apogee's very fond musings over his.  .....

I did this today.  It was a bit like 'kissing a girl' - I think I liked it.

'Oh no, what box have I opened?' is what I was thinking while driving it fast-slow, roof up-down, windows up-down, regular-sport-sport plus (and all combinations of these) ...... 

It certainly has a decent pickup in speed.  Very linear compared to the Evo's turbo spool up and moderate slingshot effect in the upper RPM.  Wasn't a brutal slap you in the face acceleration but was very rapid :-)  Engine noise was pleasant and not overbearing, the handling was nicely balanced, the ride was firm and the brakes were good - not as strong as the Evo but that may have been me being overly sensitive with a car that I didn't own.  I also liked the PDK offering of George Jetson mode or Ari Vatanen mode.

I've had time to reflect....I did like it!

I presume the Cayman will be almost identical (I've yet to drive one)...I can see a problem coming on to my horizon shortly.......

• 3 weeks later...

just dropped his price a couple of grand too.  You'd reckon high 50s would buy it.  A lot of car for the money.  Can't think of another Porsche for the money that would come close.

Sold now, after dropping to $60k...

Anyone here?

Archived