VDO Odometer Rebuild

After a recent purchase of a S2 944 the odometer was not working, after stripping it down and making sure it was one of the gears i decided to get it rebuilt professionally.

We have a VDO repairer in Newcastle, he quoted me $198 but the end bill was only $165, excellent same day service by people who know their stuff, dropped it off at 8.20am and i had a phone call at 12.40pm saying it was ready to pick up. Very helpfull and i would highly recommend them, no affiliation.

Original stuff is not available anymore so now it has a bit of Ford in there.

http://www.gauge-shop.com.au/

20170515_101139.jpg

After a recent purchase of a S2 944 the odometer was not working, after stripping it down and making sure it was one of the gears i decided to get it rebuilt professionally.

We have a VDO repairer in Newcastle, he quoted me $198 but the end bill was only $165, excellent same day service by people who know their stuff, dropped it off at 8.20am and i had a phone call at 12.40pm saying it was ready to pick up. Very helpfull and i would highly recommend them, no affiliation.

Original stuff is not available anymore so now it has a bit of Ford in there.

http://www.gauge-shop.com.au/

Was it a big job to get it out Stephen, doesn't look as easy as the G series?

Were they able to calibrate it to the correct speed as it seems most 944 odometers aren't that accurate and maybe a good time for you to consider?

Take the steering wheel off, the cover over the blinker/wiper mechanism, take the speedo surround off then 4 screws hold the speedo unit to the dash. 3 plugs at the back and its out 15 mins tops, 24mm socket on an extension for the steering wheel and a medium Phillips head screwdriver is all that's needed. Piece of piss:)

• 2 weeks later...

I've also used Lionel Otto instruments in Salisbury Qld to get my odo working.  Very good same day service.  (Be specific though as they will only fix what's right in front of them).

• 4 months later...

Archived