Hi,

I am thinking of putting 18" Turbo Twist wheels back onto my 996TT.

Would anyone be looking at selling a set of the hollow spokes turbo twists to suit a 996?

Also would anyone be interested in a set of 19" Techart Formula GTS Wheels 8.5x19 and 11x19

Picture below. Open to expressions of interest

911 wheel.jpg

I have an excellent set of 18" Hollow spokes Narrow Body but Turbo rears in those are like hens teeth to find !

Cheers, Mark.

There are a few overseas so maybe it's worth paying the money to get them here?

Hi,

Would anyone be looking at selling a set of the hollow spokes turbo twists to suit a 996?

Also would anyone be interested in a set of 19" Techart Formula GTS Wheels 8.5x19 and 11x19

911 wheel.jpg

What are the offset please

I have a set of wheels , will check as I have a few they are hollow, not sure if they are C4S or turbo, will get part nos

I have a mate with a lovely 996 Turbo, he has 997 Turbo wheels on his, which I don't think look right on a 996, over the years I've found him no less than 3 mint sets of twists and he keeps baulking at buying them, the last set I saw were on GumTree, they do come up, feel free to post a WANTED ad on this Forum (add a picture of them as that helps too)

I have a mate with a lovely 996 Turbo, he has 997 Turbo wheels on his, which I don't think look right on a 996, over the years I've found him no less than 3 mint sets of twists and he keeps baulking at buying them, the last set I saw were on GumTree, they do come up, feel free to post a WANTED ad on this Forum (add a picture of them as that helps too)

Just curious as to how much were these mint sets and series one or series 2 hollows (ones to get).  In recent times, the rate of seeing a series II set of hollows that is in decent condition and priced reasonably is probably on par with how often you will see a decent series 11 996 turbo manual up for sale, eg Once every 5 or 6 month   Eg If in a rush, best to buy a set overseas, have them refurbished and cop the P tax/ duties/ shipping or grab a set of unloved factory techno sports which may grow on you whilst you patiently wait to jump on a set.

Just curious as to how much were these mint sets and series one or series 2 hollows (ones to get).  In recent times, the rate of seeing a series II set of hollows that is in decent condition and priced reasonably is probably on par with how often you will see a decent series 11 996 turbo manual up for sale, eg Once every 5 or 6 month   Eg If in a rush, best to buy a set overseas, have them refurbished and cop the P tax/ duties/ shipping or grab a set of unloved factory techno sports which may grow on you whilst you patiently wait to jump on a set.

I've seen them in the past for between $2000 and $3000 for a set, but I hear you, things change

Why do you say the Sport technos are unloved? Your opinion or is it general consensus?

If anything I assume they would have been a paid upgrade from the twists and less common so could maybe be a better option.

I don't mind them.

Why do you say the Sport technos are unloved? Your opinion or is it general consensus?

If anything I assume they would have been a paid upgrade from the twists and less common so could maybe be a better option.

I don't mind them.

The purists run with the twists (preferably hollows, eg lighter and have the steel valve stem) plus there have been mint conditioned  sporttech rims  cheaper than twist that appear to take a very very long time to clear both here and the US when they do pop up.  That said, I like your less common call and have grown to like them, but have a set of hollows just in cash I change my mind.   Would the purists deduct dollars for moving away from the factory sticker option code , eg going from sport tech back to hollow twists.

I'm all into cross fitting better P parts up or down the 9xx tree where their is a performance edge, but if your after 996 series 2 turbo hollows and see a 993 part number mentioned, I wouldn't bother entertaining  the nano second inkling of even looking at the photo.  

I distinguish 996 turbo twists Hollows (series 2) by three markers and generally find the photo's are not conducive to confirming 100%  and don't give a toss what the seller has written. 

1) Back side of the rim  is completely flat (no ridges / cast lines)  with part no stampings  as per below. (Primary marker)

99636214203 or ending with 11  for the  rear

99636213604 for the front

2) You will see a forging / stamp of the size of the rim straddling  the valve tube  stem hole

3) The valve stem hole has a recess for placement of a metal washer / nut to secure the valve stem.  If tyres are on the rim, should see the washer / nut that non 996 hollow twists will generally not have.

Those above advertised Gumtree are both incorrect sizes and numbers you will find they are the heavier wheels in smaller size than stated !!! The tires may have plenty of tread but they are 10 years old.

some people !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

911 wheel.jpg

This what you are after?  They have been on and off gumtree for ages:  https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/doncaster-east/wheels-tyres-rims/996-turbo-genuine-turbo-twist-wheels/1138667266

Similar. These are the Carrera wheels, not the turbo ones ?

Did you get the part numbers on the back of those rims and seeing the sellers advertisement as NQR, eg whack some turbo caps on Carrera wheels and see what happens.  Photo's looked ok for at least one rim that had the only decent photo which on the face of it from the front would get the heart race a bit quicker for a moment if you were chasing a set of turbo twists as it appears to have the right tyre size on the rim which is a lot better than a lot of other NQR's sprouting genuine 996 twists.  I would prefer a decent  pic of the rear face of the rim and the stampings if I was buying.

Archived