FOUND: Silver 1978 924 Auto

WOKA

Was poking around today and happened on a 924 parked in a mechanics workshop..  I actually spotted a 924 down a side street so I u-turned to investigate and went to have a chat to the mechanic where the car was parked.  Turned out that the car on the roadside was his, and he proceeded to show me another one that was in the workshop.  Was his mothers, been in the family for over 10 years, but lack of power steering rendered the car redundant - no good for the ageing mum apparently..

Its a straight and complete 924 Auto, 1978 non sunroof.  Silver paint with original mags, and a tidy looking black and white hounds-tooth (i think) interior, slightly cracked dash, non original steering wheel (has a Momo).  Car looks straight and wouldn't be a problem to get running according to the mechanic..

So whats it worth..?  Its parked, its covered in dust and it looks pretty good.  If it starts and rolls its got to be a good thing.?

a couple of thousand probably. only let down is it's auto. Engines are good. pretty reliable and simple apart from the mechanical fuel injection.

Good run around if you get it running. put some modern shocks and springs on it and good tyres. it'll feel really good too.  

The few auto 924's on carsales have been there at least 12mths at well under 5k.  I drove an 83/84/85 (not sure) 944 auto & it was horrible.......really horrible.  If you are prepared for that then cool- it still looks good/ cool but it will drive horribly (IMHO of course)

Yeah - I think the drive would be rather dull..

I do think though than a 'cool 70's' car is really going to have its time one day and in 5 years time we'll be kicking ourselves reminiscing about the one's that got away..

Look at anything else cool and from the 70's..  Rotaries / Datto's..  I kick myself often.! 

The few auto 924's on carsales have been there at least 12mths at well under 5k.  I drove an 83/84/85 (not sure) 944 auto & it was horrible.......really horrible.  If you are prepared for that then cool- it still looks good/ cool but it will drive horribly (IMHO of course)

83, first one, Singapore import i believe;)

Yeah - I think the drive would be rather dull..

I do think though than a 'cool 70's' car is really going to have its time one day and in 5 years time we'll be kicking ourselves reminiscing about the one's that got away..

Look at anything else cool and from the 70's..  Rotaries / Datto's..  I kick myself often.! 

Trouble is i hear from a couple of people that parts are getting hard to source.

How hard to do a manual conversion?  It's not like numbers matching auto is going to be a $$$ winner.

if non-reg id offer $900 and go from there. It might have cool factor but resale is very low.

How hard to do a manual conversion?  It's not like numbers matching auto is going to be a $$$ winner.

if non-reg id offer $900 and go from there. It might have cool factor but resale is very low.

Gearbox
clutch assembly and flywheel. 
Bellhousing i believe.
shifter and linkages
clutch pedel, slave and master cylinder. 

the parts don't correspond the the price of the car either unfortunately. 

Archived