964 3.8 RSR Rear Wing

Teutonic

Hey all,

currently have a 3.8 RSR wing attached to the factory steel boot lid (74 body car post dated to 964 RSR). Am looking to shed weight and figure a one piece complete wing in fibreglass might be a lighter option. Current total weight is approx 15kg. GT racing in the US claims their unit is approx 15lb. So somewhere around a 7kg loss. Just a little extortionate to ship from the US. 

Any tips on where one might be procured locally appreciated. 

For reference, this is the sort of thing I am talking about  

R220512964KEV.jpg

Thanks Gents. 

Clutch, any idea as to what yours weighs in at? The over all weights seem to vary greatly according to the responses I have had from the guys that make them new in the states. (MA Shaw, GT Racing etc. ) As per above GT Racing is the winner at the moment, but something close to the price of the part in shipping is a bit off putting. :(

Thanks Gents. 

Clutch, any idea as to what yours weighs in at? The over all weights seem to vary greatly according to the responses I have had from the guys that make them new in the states. (MA Shaw, GT Racing etc. ) As per above GT Racing is the winner at the moment, but something close to the price of the part in shipping is a bit off putting. :(

never had it off but it is very light and good quality. Have not heard good things about GT racing quality. Though it's supposed to be good enough for racing, so may not be issue :)

mike tankard or noosacat guy don't have any?

i have emails from another mob in the states that were going to ship over front and rear bumpers plus wing for a reasonable price, their stuff is better than GT racing apparently. Will look it all up tonight you.

Thanks again Gents. Will try that forwarder. The one I tried the box size was outside their handling range. 

Appreciate any tip on alternative supplier. Had been in touch with MA shaw and rennsport ? I do want it to be a decent fit so the comments on quality are a concern. But wil also be going bonnet pins to latch it for full RSR effect. ?

Oh, and Noosacat do the 993 version but want to keep it all 964. Haven't tried Mike Tankard. 

ok looks like my items were coming via TRE motorsports. it was going to be $1200 for all three bumpers ('73 RS front, DP style IROC front pictured below, IROC rear) but they suggested i look into a freight forwarder and i got distracted and forgot to investigate further.

A7pcWOe.jpg

Getty design has some high quality pieces but i never got around to the shipping quote from them either, i presume like TRE i was immediately distracted by some other project.

EB motorsport quoted 270 pounds for shipping.

Mike tankard is great, only two 'downsides' is that you have to call him not email, and he has so many fkn moulds it can take him awhile to see if he has the one you need! :lol:

I have a complete wing Assy in fibreglass, manufactured in Japan. Light weight and good quality. I was holding it for a 964 RSR build but would consider letting it go. I am located in Brisbane.  PM me if you are interested 

Update on this. Jason A got me thinking about procuring parts from Japan. Is quite a following over there and some good "tuner" parts. Also are some good purchasing and importing services. Looks like I have found myself a very nice 7kg FRP tail and should have it on its way shortly. 

Yeah, it looked so nice as it was, the wing in particular, really worked with the whole look of the car ;)  

love that stock look. Any regrets with all that modification mate ? ;) 

Yeah, it looked so nice as it was, the wing in particular, really worked with the whole look of the car ;)  

Archived