Theere is a reasonably straight looking 1969 911 listed a couple of days ago at $160k - Carsales Network ID is SSE-AD-4803853. It is advertised as a 911T although it is badged as a 911S. It was previously a Sportomatic and has an interesting and long history and I seem to recall other early 911s advertised previously as originally belonging to the same Ron Angas in the Barossa Valley. What took my attention, however, is the car is currently registered with the NSW plates LNH-911 but the last photo in the Carsales listing shows an old photo of the car with the Vic registration LNH-911? What are chances? 

I dont understand, wrong engine, wrong gearbox , owned by some who knew someone and do we really care ?? If so what premium would we pay ..  for the ownership by the possible illegitimate son of Nikki Lauder , Half brother of Magnus Walker..  

We aint talking Peter Brock.. Alan Jones ..  what Aussie icons do we give a value to??

Yes i know slightly left of field question .. so returning to the T

When you could have bought that 72T for 57k..     and popped and engine in 

160k of anyones money seems too much , with or without S badges..   Really please explain???

CAMS - log booked , whats the likley hood of a car that old , never been tapped or off the track??

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-4803853/?Cr=62

Slowing market and growing critique for such things …  I guess

Perhaps I need enwhitening?? On such things 

I dont understand, wrong engine, wrong gearbox , owned by some who knew someone and do we really care ?? If so what premium would we pay ..  for the ownership by the possible illegitimate son of Nikki Lauder , Half brother of Magnus Walker..  

We aint talking Peter Brock.. Alan Jones ..  what Aussie icons do we give a value to??

Yes i know slightly left of field question .. so returning to the T

When you could have bought that 72T for 57k..     and popped and engine in 

160k of anyones money seems too much , with or without S badges..   Really please explain???

CAMS - log booked , whats the likley hood of a car that old , never been tapped or off the track??

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-4803853/?Cr=62

Slowing market and growing critique for such things …  I guess

Perhaps I need enwhitening?? On such things 

MEOW 

MEOW 

If it were your S and im presuming they aint just badges on your car …  Hmmm you might get us all talking

Come on give us some feedback.. really what do the Longhooders think.. is this a romance novel about some bloke called Angus or opportunity ?

The closest I have come to actually owning one for me ,  is my near Ebay bid, any other dabblings have been and how do I say this politely .. Flips or Fakeys looking like longhoods and of course you alwyas pull an S badge out the bottom draw for one of those.. or even an RS sticker

I have no interest or otherwise in the seller or this car but thought I'd set out some background as I too have an ex-Angas car. 

Ron Angas was Aussie Porsche royalty- probably the most important client in the early days of Porsche in Australia.  It's as simple as that. 

We all, today, hold our steering wheels on the right hand side of our early cars because of him.... and almost him alone. He paid Hamiltons upfront to order a Porsche before they were even being made in RHD and it was this enthusiasm of his that started the Hamiltons on their path with Porsche. Alan Hamilton has verified this to me and once told me Angas literally bankrolled the early days of Porsche in Australia to the extent of writing cheques months - often even years-  before his new cars were available for delivery. He for example ordered his 901 in 1963 as soon as it was announced. He got the first of any new model he wanted. 

Ron Angas was the first owner of a RHD Porsche in ANY worldwide market ('51 356 Cabriolet - which was infact the first RHD Porsche built) and he received the first RHD 911 delivered in any RHD market worldwide in 1965. 

Australia received the first 2 356's built in RHD (Angas' Cab was the first of these) and 14 years later Australia received 3 of the first 4 911's built in RHD; Angas' car was the first of these 3 of the earliest 911's that were imported here.

The Collingrove hillclimb track in the Barossa was built on his land which he donated to the Sporting Car Club of SA ... he was a true enthusiast and after years of driving Rolls Royces he remained loyal and true to Porsche until he passed away in '78.

He kept a fully staffed ocean going steamer at Port Adelaide available at call to sail the world and he - himself - planted Henschke's Mt Edelstone vineyard for those of us that like a decent drop. 

He was the last of the old school moneyed and landed raconteurs, and in our small Porsche world in Australia was a pretty significant fellow. 

^^^ wow, what a great read! 

On the topic of pricing, the range for decent long hoods seems to start from the mid 100's, anything less I would deem "cheap" for a straight, dry, strong running etc. car. I would say pitching a car like this @ 160k isn't far from the mark to the right buyer. 

I have a soft spot for the 69T in particular. ;) Just need to get a staffed ocean steamer.....................

I have no interest or otherwise in the seller or this car but thought I'd set out some background as I too have an ex-Angas car. 

Ron Angas was Aussie Porsche royalty- probably the most important client in the early days of Porsche in Australia.  It's as simple as that. 

We all, today, hold our steering wheels on the right hand side of our early cars because of him.... and almost him alone. He paid Hamiltons upfront to order a Porsche before they were even being made in RHD and it was this enthusiasm of his that started the Hamiltons on their path with Porsche. Alan Hamilton has verified this to me and once told me Angas literally bankrolled the early days of Porsche in Australia to the extent of writing cheques months - often even years-  before his new cars were available for delivery. He for example ordered his 901 in 1963 as soon as it was announced. He got the first of any new model he wanted. 

Ron Angas was the first owner of a RHD Porsche in ANY worldwide market ('51 356 Cabriolet - which was infact the first RHD Porsche built) and he received the first RHD 911 delivered in any RHD market worldwide in 1965. 

Australia received the first 2 356's built in RHD (Angas' Cab was the first of these) and 14 years later Australia received 3 of the first 4 911's built in RHD; Angas' car was the first of these 3 of the earliest 911's that were imported here.

The Collingrove hillclimb track in the Barossa was built on his land which he donated to the Sporting Car Club of SA ... he was a true enthusiast and after years of driving Rolls Royces he remained loyal and true to Porsche until he passed away in '78.

He kept a fully staffed ocean going steamer at Port Adelaide available at call to sail the world and he - himself - planted Henschke's Mt Edelstone vineyard for those of us that like a decent drop. 

He was the last of the old school moneyed and landed raconteurs, and in our small Porsche world in Australia was a pretty significant fellow. 

Now I get it, the Prime Angus beef of  P cars ;) maybe our BBQ Hero @edgy should own it 

Good sharing thanks

Archived