K Jet WUR rebuild

Pretty sure that guy has been going forever (and rebuilt my fuel distributor) he had a shop but has started working from home. Was the go-to guy for injection stuff in brisbane for the last 15 years at least

Pretty sure that guy has been going forever (and rebuilt my fuel distributor) he had a shop but has started working from home. Was the go-to guy for injection stuff in brisbane for the last 15 years at least

Hi Russ,

Is that Ted from T&D or someone different?

I used K-jet about twelve months ago. I was very impressed with the owner's knowledge and communication. He found my WUR was running with half a spring (to help control boost AFR on turbo). Have only just completed my engine rebuild and haven't fully tested the new fuel system however I'm confident that my WUR and distributor are now fully sorted.

I think there was a thread on warm up regulators on here, and interchange on German cars. They're a precision instrument for something that looks like a couple of bits of copper (to me)

Looking at the info on his website, it doesn't look like a difficult job.  No mention of special tools, just a screwdriver, razor blade & a socket.  

Single diaphram looks easier than the double, if your pressures are out like mine you will most likely need to reset the pressure with the use of some pressure gauges, but you could try it an see. I am going to go with the rebuilt one, $300 and makes it easy, I have done enough fixing for now on this car.

I opened mine up and cleaned it. The testing is done on the car.

Got a few from a wrecking yard at about $10 each. You can find them on Mercs and Volvos.

Once I pulled them apart and worked out the internals. I was not afraid of messing with mine.

Turbos have an extra input to compensate for boost. Making them harder to find. 

There are various bimetalic strips in them. Basically hot and cold climates can be factored into warm up time.

Though if you're in a pickle you don't need to pay Porsche tax if you're crafty enough.

Ordered on Friday arrived this morning, great service!!

Got a few from a wrecking yard at about $10 each. You can find them on Mercs and Volvos.

If you can get them for $10 buy all you can!! These things are $1k to $2.5k new and the K-Jet guy will pay $50 each so he can rebuild them!

Archived