Equipment.

Pokiou

Hey Guys and Gals,

So, i have had my 996 now for alittle over 6 months and totally adore it. Every time i open the garage i'm happy to see her.. kind of like my dog, every time i get get home he wants to jump up all over me...

However when the sun shines i notice some swirls in the paint and stains from hands on the panel and window. Other than telling people to stop touching the car, what equipment do you guys use to keep it clean and stain free?

At the moment the equipment i have is:

Karcher K5 or 6 system that fine but i need a new MP 145 MULTI POWER JET to help spread the water out.
Mothers Claybar Kit
Mothers Leather conditioner
Mothers Mag and Weel polisher.
Mothers Trim Blackner ( cant remember)
Autoglym Car Shampoo
Lots of Microfibre cloths
Final Inspection Microfibre Mitten Cloth

So a few products, but what i am missing is a good reliable not so expensive Dual Action Polisher:

I was going to purchase the one from Final Inspection: https://www.finalinspection.com.au/velvet-revolver  or on of the other following ones.
Mothers WAX Attack: https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/mothers-65waxpro?gclid=CMaHn_OU2tQCFRwEKgodZP4E6A
Mr Miyagi: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ringwood/other-parts-accessories/apex-mr-miyagi-21mm-dual-action-random-orbital-polisher-rupes-cpt/1147594517
Da6 Pro: https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint_protools/ro_polisher_das6_pro

Any one able to give me some advise that has used these?

Cheers

I use a lot of Menzerna also found that it works the best on the P car ,also don,t mind some of the Auto glym products and Adams car products especially like Adams spray detailer ..smells great 

For MF towel I'd suggest one of these https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/gyeon/q2m_silk_drying_towel it will dry the whole car with one towel. Then either buy a MF washing liquid or washing liquid without additives to be able to wash it and keep it fresh in order to avoid needing to throw it out.

Consider also using a second microfibre towel to clean the inside of your doors, the edges under the bonnet/boot etc..

Good wax is essential, I use Meguiars Carnuba Wax on my car but I also apply wax every 2 months or so meaning i don't need a super durable wax and like the look of Carnuba with some quick detailer on occasion between applications. What wax to use can depend on whether you are using sealant and also how often you'll apply it.

Regarding swirls I'd typically suggest either becoming a full on car cleaning nerd to learn how to remove them yourself (the Ammo or Meguiars videos on YouTube are great) or get the car detailed by a professional, then maintain a good washing regiment (3 buckets - 1 wheels, 1 wash, 1 rinse), apply wax regularly etc.. and have the car professionally detailed again every 6-12 months depending on how well you've maintained the car.

Using a polisher isn't really hard to do but a professional detailer will do a better job than you ever could and you avoid any risk of damage to your paintwork.

Yup, i watch the Larry video's. Im getting the Final Inspection DA kit tomorrow. looks like i've got a full weekend of detailing... only to have pissed on Monday when i drive to work lol.. guarantee!

need a micro fiber towel that can take the water off and still be usable after 1 wipe.. so far you need about 10 cloths to clean a section of the car lol.

Blower and micro fiber waffle towel only need one to do my 997 with the blower ...

makita-dub182z-blower.jpg

Blower and micro fiber waffle towel only need one to do my 997 with the blower ...

So you like the waffle better than say a microfibre chamois like bowdens big bugger..    whats your fave  . do you use aqua wax .. I use this with the bowdens?

Never quite got what the waffles about over the chamois?   I have a clear wrap on the GT3 so im not sure it makes much diff in that case.. with the aqua wax

I haven,t used the microfibre chamois yet next on my list to try ,,,,love the aqua wax ,,and the large waffles work well with the blower ,,,my biggest concern is swirls or love marks as my car is black ,so i am always scared to try new things on the P car I generally try new products on the wifes car or my work ute first . I will never buy another black car again ,,just to much work keeping it pristine ,,,,,,,,,cuts into driving time Silver or White for the next P car :D

Ok so, i've use the Final Inspection Velvet Revolver with the heavy CAP. It works ok, i wouldnt of like a harder compound to get the scratchs and swirls out faster, but then again im a novice and its my first time and its turning out pretty good. I also bought the Full Metal jacket and will apply that tonight when i finish... I've only the two rear quarter panels so far...

Ill post some before and after pics later.

Archived