WTB - Boxster 3.2lt manual, advice please I'm a Porsche newbie

Hi there, I’m a Porsche newbie, well I guess a Porsche virgin, really looking to buy my first car!  I would really appreciate any direction or heads up from members.  I am looking for a MY00 – MY04 Boxster 3.2 manual.   There are more than several on carsales but I have been told by a couple of experts that the prices advertised there are way too high ($25-$30K) and I should be able to pick something up through the industry at a more realistic price?  So I guess I am asking if anyone can please give me price indications for Boxters of this age and secondly if anyone knows of someone who is considering selling one.  Thanks and Cheers Matt

18 to 30 is a more likely range IMO.

Find one you like and test agreed value insurance and aim below that to future proof it for a year or two. None or little loss and still good value to the next buyer.

As a guide, my 2001s is at 18k insured atm.

The 3.2 is the pick of the litter if you're willing to spend that.

I am biased.

A mate of mine had a 2000 boxster s and he noticed that the later models although, nicer, more refined, modern, etc... They weren't as raw and visceral as the earlier 986  models. So, also depends on what type of drive you're after as much as the budget...! Just saying.... 

A mate of mine had a 2000 boxster s and he noticed that the later models although, nicer, more refined, modern, etc... They weren't as raw and visceral as the earlier 986  models. So, also depends on what type of drive you're after as much as the budget...! Just saying.... 

True, just about any car line gets "refined" with age..... go the 986 :)

18 to 30 is a more likely range IMO.

Find one you like and test agreed value insurance and aim below that to future proof it for a year or two. None or little loss and still good value to the next buyer.

As a guide, my 2001s is at 18k insured atm.

The 3.2 is the pick of the litter if you're willing to spend that.

I am biased.

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking that sort of range.  3.2 is the business!  Cheers

Yes, best to get a base 987 than a 996S. Better looking model and more modern interior.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2006/SSE-AD-4764364/?Cr=1

Remember to get the IMS upgrade if it is an early 987. 

Thanks for the link!

Thanks Mike, I rang them yesterday.  Pretty firm on the price, I've asked for the service history etc.  Cheers Matt

Archived