wtb - Carrera 3 motor

• 1 month later...

I stand corrected George,   just dipped into the thread seems last public list price was 17k...

whats this supercharged motor then hey? 

Heard there was a hot 3,0 possibly avail? Or was it a 2.7?  

I almost bought one for $8500 from NZ last year, but after some digging, it's original engine number was ground off and a standard 2.7 number stamped on. That was telling me that at some time in it's life it was probably taken out of a stolen C3 and put into a Mid year...

It was still a decent looking C3 engine, but needless to say, I didn't want the hassle.

I almost bought one for $8500 from NZ last year, but after some digging, it's original engine number was ground off and a standard 2.7 number stamped on. That was telling me that at some time in it's life it was probably taken out of a stolen C3 and put into a Mid year...

It was still a decent looking C3 engine, but needless to say, I didn't want the hassle.

Just grind that number off and start again :)

Just grind that number off and start again :)

I almost bought a cool tatty 959 replica earlier this year.... honky an apt descriptor.. but  it had a few issues... dodgy restamped engine number, VIN in front trunk suggested it had been replated and the secret prod number had been surgically removed and blank welded in.... rebirthed. ??? For the guy gal who bought hope not.

But motor or at least the case was a C3 . No way of knowing.

it sold for 27k? 

Define Hot

Debbie Harry 

I almost bought a cool tatty 959 replica earlier this year.... honky an apt descriptor.. but  it had a few issues... dodgy restamped engine number, VIN in front trunk suggested it had been replated and the secret prod number had been surgically removed and blank welded in.... rebirthed. ??? For the guy gal who bought hope not.

But motor or at least the case was a C3 . No way of knowing.

it sold for 27k? 

Debbie Harry 

I hope you're not talking JonoF Klassy?!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived