991 Turbo

J.J.

Make sure they check the Fistenvuver Valve as this has been known to be a problem with the radiator keeping your engine coolant at the right temperature!

Make sure they check the Fistenvuver Valve as this has been known to be a problem with the radiator keeping your engine coolant at the right temperature!

lol, i changed the thread!! just incase they lurk on here.. dont wanna make the situation worse before i get the car back

lol, i changed the thread!! just incase they lurk on here.. dont wanna make the situation worse before i get the car back

I thought I was going nuts!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to hear about it once it's over.

does it seem reasonable to charge 6.5 hours labour for a major service, then an additional hour to change the plugs ontop of that?

alternator needed a refurb so had to come in and out and both rear bump stops cut down, another 3 hours labour?? cost to repair alternator was additional which i have no problem with.. just querying the labour on the job, because for the price they charge i would expect them to be working their asses off..

now in the 6.5 hours for the major they changed the oil & filter, fuel filter, air filter, gearbox oil(apparently) and brake fluid and bled brakes.. oh yeah and adjusted valves it says on the invoice.. everything else was inspecting visually.. am i just pissed at getting a huge bill and am being totally unreasonable or is something not quite right.. please tell me

Guest vas930

To be honest JJ, thats not that bad.

If it was a full service, then thats about right.

These cars are not that easy to work on.

It can be a bit of a shock now and then.

So Vas you think its fair to charge and additional hours labour at $115+gst ontop of a Major service to change plugs?

you think the work done to my car warrants over $1200 worth of labour?

So Vas you think its fair to charge and additional hours labour at $115+gst ontop of a Major service to change plugs?

JJ, are you saying that just the labour component for the work carried out was over $1200. That's about 10 hours!

Were fluids, filters etc extra on top of this?

Up until now I have done most of my own work and am planning a major service to establish a "starting point" (as the history is a little vague over the last couple of years).

I am not a mechanics a**hole and do not have the luxury of a hoist at home, but if I was and I did, then I would think that 10 hours was a stretch.

But then again what portion of that time was the valve adjustment??? I hear this can take a while.

yes being charged for 10.5 hours labour plus parts ontop of that. $50 of transmission fluid i see on the invoice for a "top up".. this just gets better

Yowch, I'm glad they didn't refill the trans.

Guest vas930

Hey, JJ

I never said it was great, just not far off the mark.

Without seeing the whole thing on paper, I can only give an opinion.

Who did the work ?

JJ

If you're unhappy, I suggest you contact the workshop, speak to the owner/manager, explain your unhappiness and set an appointment to meet and discuss.

Others on here have suggested that your bill was not wide of the mark; give the workshop the opportunity to explain themselves, and also give yourself the opportunity to air your unhappiness.

James

that is good advice and what i will be doing..

so more to the story.. when i went in i was told the car is too low, ride was harsh, riding on bump stops and it either needed to be raised (i said no), new shortened shocks (i said no) or cut the bump stops to give more shocker travel (i agreed to this) as it was the most cost effective option for me.. so they cut the bump stops and it caused the car to sit lower, when they test drove it, the tyre rubbed on the guard and lifted the paint causing it to bubble on the rear fender. luckily when i went to pick up they car i spotted it, i was not told about it! but they have agreed to fix it.. not happy.. so to "fix" the suspension the car has now been raised which i am not happy about.. i told them i wanted the car exactly the height it was when i drove in, no different.. they will now fix this.

my rear fan housing was painted black when alternator was out, i was not asked nor told about this till i got home and saw it! not happy, my car is 100% original (besides ride height and 930 wheels) and i want to keep it that way! what right do they have to paint parts on my car without my asking or approval?

i paid $250 in labour to "fix" my suspension and all it did was damage my paint, cause me grief as i'm just not happy with the way it sits now.. what a waste of money

also the oil level was on the low side, not good for a major service i reckon. the car has a belt slipping noise under medium to heavy acceleration in first gear!

so overall i'm $2360 in the hole, my paint is damaged, low oil level, slipping noise under acceleration, ride height not happy with..

Archived