Brake Lines

Pork Chops

Guys, need some advice.  I'm going to buy a pre bent brake line kit and have a choice of Gal or something called PFV coated lines (sorta green colour).  Gal is $123 US and PFV are $367 US, so big difference.  So what am I getting for the extra $$ with PFV?  Corrosion resistance?  Anything else?  Do I care given the car will do FA klms and be garaged all of its life?

@MFX said @rafikdous may know?

Cheers.

PVF-coated lines are now the standard in many vehicles on the roads today all over the world, including Porsche , Volkswagen ,Audi, Honda, Toyota, and Mercedes BMW etc ,and are considered a premium brake line.

Reason for the coating is to provide maximum protection to the lines from corrosion that is generally related to driving in snow and ice conditions that are common in Europe and North Amercan PVF offers 30 times the corrosion resistance over galvanized steel ..Keep in mind some country still salt roads to de ice ,,,,this is known to cause major corrosion issues even in modern cars ...

But as you would know cars from decades past  did not use PVF coated lines and many of them got by just fine with out it ,we all drove clunkers  that didn,t have it when we were young and never had a brake line failure  ..

For what you are building RSR IROC rep and its intended use ,weekend fun car I would just go with Gal ,,,Australia dosn,t have the weather conditions to justify the extra costs and modern cars that are sold in Europe and North America are required to have it due to the corrosion hazard potential  , so it has become the industry standard for modern cars sold globally ...

My bought for $1 '73 Tassy delivered Land Rover had been abandoned in the bush for 17 years and I haven't replaced the galv lines because...they don't need replacing.
Couldn't say the same for the entire rest of brake system!

My bought for $1 '73 Tassy delivered Land Rover had been abandoned in the bush for 17 years and I haven't replaced the galv lines because...they don't need replacing.
Couldn't say the same for the entire rest of brake system!

No tougher test than the Tassie Bush.

Archived