295 30 r18 on 10" rim??

I have a small situation. I need new tyres, and i'm going Yokohama Advan AD08Rs. 245/40 R18 on a 8.5" and 285/30 R18 on a 10" wheel. But they dont have any 285 30 R18 in the country for the next 2 months! so only option is going 295.. Is that a little big? Theres no 275 and 265 is to small as i've got a 265 on the 10" already. 

Thanks!

I ran a 295/35 A050 on a 10" rim last weekend on a Boxster.  No worries at all.  Front is 235/40 and is 8.5.

How did you go with sidewall movement? thats my worry.

I know they fit, im worried about side wall movement. over size tyre on a rim. 

How did you go with sidewall movement? thats my worry.

I know they fit, im worried about side wall movement. over size tyre on a rim. 

From the driver seat it was perfect.  The car was flawless to drive.  Theoretically a 295 is too large for a 10" rim but felt fine to me.  I also run a 295/35 on a 10" rim on the Carrera S and it's obviously a bit too big in that application but I like the look and no adverse affects felt.  In any case seems to me you don't have an option.

From the driver seat it was perfect.  The car was flawless to drive.  Theoretically a 295 is too large for a 10" rim but felt fine to me.  I also run a 295/35 on a 10" rim on the Carrera S and it's obviously a bit too big in that application but I like the look and no adverse affects felt.  In any case seems to me you don't have an option.

Well the option i have is wait 2 months for a 285, or go 295 and deal with it. I hope they fit under my guards?? 

Might just have to go with it. 

Yes they will fit, slight bulge but I ran that size tyre and rim for 18 months with no issues. 

Its good you are upping the front widths too to keep it balanced - I didn't and felt the extra 30mm on the rear contributed to understeer.

You do get exaggerated sidewall flex and the shape of the contact patch is a little different. It's not noticeable 99% of the time but your car will drive differently on the limit. When I purchased my car the previous owner gave me his track tyres and the fronts were 245 on an 8-inch. When I switched to 235s on a 9-inch there was way more front-end grip and I had to back the rear sway bar off, but this only became apparent at the track and I was totally expecting more understeer from dropping the front tyre width relative to the rear.

Archived