Port 911

Certainly have noted less settled behaviour at unmentionable velocities with headlights up Vs. headlights down.  Unfortunately you need them up at night to see skippies and drop bears, among other things...

An over engineered "feature" of the 924 , 944 and 928. And not just because Porsches were designed without radiator grilles.

Any sensible engineer would have faired them into the body , as per modern cars from 1990. And avoided the various problems with dirt , jamming , repair etc

Luckily they don't whistle or roar at speed. My daughter in law laughs when I pop the lights up on the 928. It is a bit comical but guaranteed to turn the heads of most 5 year olds :P

Porsche have had some amusing albeit retro cool designs over the years, viz:

porsche-type-64-from-1939-photo-from-her

Yep, a lot of people opt to go clear "GTS" style lenses when building track cars. I've got a set for my 924. 

I do like the clear GTS style, but have to say I don't drive at night much, and around hear the creatures love going towards the light. I would love to set up my lights so you could wink one side or the other ;)

I do like the clear GTS style, but have to say I don't drive at night much, and around hear the creatures love going towards the light. I would love to set up my lights so you could wink one side or the other ;)

GTS lights do look good! Not sure how visible they'd be at night, but i don't plan on taking it out at night much, when it's done i'll do an SMT with it. 

Ha! i think toyotas had twin motors as you could switch them on and off a few times and they go out of sync.

Archived