My 944 S2 Cab

Wrighteou5

Hi All,

Been loitering here for a while with a "i will have one soon", finally found her and made her mine.  Been through 3 numberplates already (club / registered / personal) and tried a set of 996 wheels which i cannot get over the front hubs (will be for sale shortly), other than that a CD player change and i am good for the minute :)

Any tips on best products to keep her in tip top condition / places to buy the best small parts would be hugely appreciated (needs a few tiny cosmetic touchers on the interior)

IMG_0577-1.thumb.JPG.dae060b9e90fb25ecd8

IMG_0574-1.thumb.jpg.597381e15342b6d00ba

IMG_0539.thumb.jpg.47ed714d1df5cc33b5704

IMG_0535.thumb.jpg.9261dbbf875f676c641f4

IMG_0621.thumb.JPG.73c55f64f0dcfcbd8d1ee

IMG_0766-1.thumb.jpg.ab755e5ea2004b855b2

I would black out the front orange signal lights. Gives it a much more modern look. I also completely made me rear lights red, looks way better. Just my opinion though. ?

I was thinking about going clear front and side indicators with orange bulbs?

Can't recall what is called but you can get it in supercheap. It's not meant for road use only off road use. What i did was firstly tape up the light lens with clear packaging tape and then sprayed it. This way is completely reversible, I'll simply peel the packaging tape off if need be. The lights still flash orange for inficators and white for reverse. Had it on for many years now, never had an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Having a small  issue with my drivers side wiper guys wondering if someone can help.  The ball hinge on the wiper frame keeps popping out of the ball socket on the short connecting rod which attaches to the wiper, anytime the wipers are used.  Any advice on how this can be fixed without simply replacing the short connecting rod?  I know it's not a huge job but wondered if there was a quick fix while the part ships.  Obviously can just glue it or pop a screw in as the hinge still needs to rotate

Any help would be appreciated

Having a small  issue with my drivers side wiper guys wondering if someone can help.  The ball hinge on the wiper frame keeps popping out of the ball socket on the short connecting rod which attaches to the wiper, anytime the wipers are used.  Any advice on how this can be fixed without simply replacing the short connecting rod?  I know it's not a huge job but wondered if there was a quick fix while the part ships.  Obviously can just glue it or pop a screw in as the hinge still needs to rotate

Any help would be appreciated

Had to laugh when I read this, This exact problem happened to mine when my dad had her, he used elastic bands and had to periodically replace them, on one of my trips over I got the drill out and drilled through from the top and put a screw/washer and a nut/washer on the bottom,

Been ok for over 10 years now, never enters my mind until just now, should replace screw to stainless steel thoughy9cAYaAQunOhfR9nlwXL2IsxOy8napxosbct-c7g

Had to laugh when I read this, This exact problem happened to mine when my dad had her, he used elastic bands and had to periodically replace them, on one of my trips over I got the drill out and drilled through from the top and put a screw/washer and a nut/washer on the bottom,

Been ok for over 10 years now, never enters my mind until just now, should replace screw to stainless steel thoughy9cAYaAQunOhfR9nlwXL2IsxOy8napxosbct-c7g

perfect ?? I’d only considered a screw which I knew wouldn’t work but bolt and washer would do the trick nicely I recon. Cheers

Archived