cigarette lighter/phone charger issue

brian in buddina

The best solution is to look inside the socket and you will see 2 x tabs that need to be bent back into the socket ... over time they get bent outwards which loosens the hold on the plug being inserted ....

Warning ..... either disconnect the battery or pull the fuse before putting anything inside the socket. It's to stop you from blowing the fuse and potentially causing damage ...

4 minutes ago, brian in buddina said:

sweet!

his & hers plug in, no waiting

obviously not too concerned about concourse points and keeping it original.

either am I! 

where did you get it?

Dreamer, thx I will give it a try.

I made it, bought a cigar lighter adapter, dismantled, made hole in spare blanking plate, fitted, soldered some wires and connected it to stereo wiring

4 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

My cigareette lighter does not hold my phone charger very tightly. This causes the charging light to flicker and the charger will fall out easily. 

I have put a small piece of cardboard to tighten the fit but its not a great solution.

Has anyone solved this issue?

3 944's I've had have done the same thing.

2 hours ago, 944s2cab said:

I made it, bought a cigar lighter adapter, dismantled, made hole in spare blanking plate, fitted, soldered some wires and connected it to stereo wiring

When do i book you in to do mine?:D

3 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

3 944's I've had have done the same thing.

When do i book you in to do mine?:D

I'll see if I've got a spare blanking plate in the garage, would you prefer dash or console? (different blanking plates), might be a few weeks or more as I'm trying to do the suspension, brakes and bearing for PCNSW supersprint on 4th March

1 hour ago, 944s2cab said:

I'll see if I've got a spare blanking plate in the garage, would you prefer dash or console? (different blanking plates), might be a few weeks or more as I'm trying to do the suspension, brakes and bearing for PCNSW supersprint on 4th March

All good mate, my tongue was firmly in my cheek, i don't want take you away from your work on your car anyway.

I don't want to lose concourse points either:ph34r:

Archived