The Redex Trials

tazzieman

Though I've known about these since Adam was a boy , only in recent times have I done much reading Peter Carey has written an interesting novel based around the race "A Long Way From Home".

There was certainly a motley bunch of cars and crews!

Here's a primer https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/redex_trials_the_legend

Including "Alan Hamilton's father, Norman, entered the only Porsche..... Hamilton's Porsche hit a kangaroo and deranged its front suspension, driving the rest of the way into the Isa on the undertray"

Back in the day when men were men - and so were some of the women!

4PdkVxe.jpg

IH8B1eN.jpg

42 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

I think the Porsche hitting a Roo was probably bullsht,

That throws the vulture smashing the windscreen of the Gullwing in the Carrera Panamericana into doubt!

751824136875735992516c31651.jpg

I have nearly hit probably ~50 roos/wallabies in my Porsches on the drive home over the years.
I did hit 2 at once in the 924.

2 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

I have nearly hit probably ~50 roos/wallabies in my Porsches on the drive home over the years.

I did hit 2 at once in the 924.

Every night is like dogem cars around here.... hate to think what one would do to my 928! It certainly does keep you on your toes (and proves how quick a 2+ tonne SUV can stop!!)! We get fresh roadkill every night on that windy little road past my home, most often it is more than one and usually a wallaby of notable size..... had a Joey play chicken only a few days ago as it's mother watched on from the edge of the road......

Archived