Body parts...Mike Tankard

TAV

I've heard a lot of good things about Mike and his work. Just wanting to know if he is still supplying bumpers/panels. 

If so, what bumpers does he have? (I'm looking for something to lighten my 911sc wide body, seeing what options there are)

Even better would be a contact number if possible...

Thanks!

KcLuA9I5QMComU4cbGOgw_zpsbq49vw2p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Report from panel dude .. Dead easy.. cut outs for exhaust needed and a bit of finishing for paint but easy ..

However the car did already have a widebody and some existing glass bumpers on it so many brackets reused...

Thanks for the feedback @symsy. After hearing that, I think I’ll pull the trigger. 

On another note... are you doing rs carpet or anyone else for that matter? I’m about to do mine, but not sure how much sound deadening to put back in... hmmm 

Time for another search and perhaps a new thread. 

48 minutes ago, TAV said:

Thanks for the feedback @symsy. After hearing that, I think I’ll pull the trigger. 

On another note... are you doing rs carpet or anyone else for that matter? I’m about to do mine, but not sure how much sound deadening to put back in... hmmm 

Time for another search and perhaps a new thread. 

Depends on what you are looking for. I went down deep into the sound deadening rabbit hole, and did a lot of research. If you search through my videos I go into detail. Baiscally covering everything in Dynamat is not the way to go. You need strategically placed Dynamat syle pieces, which dull panels resonation, but to really quiet things down you need insulated (with closed cell foam or CCF), mass loaded vinyl (MLV). But that adds weight, so you need to balance how far you really want to go.

Depends on what you are looking for. I went down deep into the sound deadening rabbit hole, and did a lot of research. If you search through my videos I go into detail. Baiscally covering everything in Dynamat is not the way to go. You need strategically placed Dynamat syle pieces, which dull panels resonation, but to really quiet things down you need insulated (with closed cell foam or CCF), mass loaded vinyl (MLV). But that adds weight, so you need to balance how far you really want to go.

Thanks@mfx. I’ll have a look at your videos. I’ve got a painted half cage going in and every time it gets taken out and put back in, it scratches at the joining points. So we’re going to do the carpet while we are there. And now it’s a bit of a rush to decide on sound deadening, carpet etc. Want to keep it light, but don’t want to need hearing aids in a couple of years either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Tangent has fitted  front rear narrow body IROC bumpers

requires subframe to be built , reinforcement and mounts  glassed into rear of glass . Then took a whole lot of cut n shut 

product great for intended . Race . Just  be prepared to do work if you want nth degree figment , 

• 2 years later...