FS 1979 928 Manual Project

Time has come to sell my 1979 928, rare manual.

I bought this car approx. 2yrs ago as a quick project,  well still sitting in the shed and with continuingly diminishing spare time between business and family its time to move it on.

Cool colour - Minerva Blue Metallic. Very presentable as is with only a scratch on front bumper and some bubbling on the Porsche Insignia on rear (see photos)

Dark Brown Leather with Pasha Inserts - needs re-trim. 

Mechanically needs head gaskets replaced, blown just before I bought. Oil was replaced straight away. I have started runs well and replaced oil immediately of course. 

Brakes, suspension, transmission etc seem to be okay but not driven to be certain. Front and rear spoilers along with wheels not original but I think suit the car, rest seems original. 

Previous owner had the car for some 20 + years, most in Darwin with apparently a class B win in now discontinued Cannonball Run. Photos and history where promised but never received. 

Current plates on car are NT and not transferable, ornamental only.

Car has been inspected for SA Club historic rego and is walk in club rego for SA. 

Great car to fix, drive and enjoy rather than concourse resto. 

Located Adelaide.

Asking $10,500 neg.

Contact for further details

Anthony 0428 930 911

ZSTDAkP.jpg

AQMkYev.jpg

r7mNXnr.jpg

2AkgqX6.jpg

2r158v9.jpg

TSgAcp5.jpg

Seems like a fair price. From pics seems like it's a doable project and would be worth something in the end due to the manual box. Challenge would be how much repair work required in addition to blown head gasket etc. Even small stuff can quickly add up ... ask me how I know :rolleyes:

It is difficult to search/ confirm pre 81 VINs. It looks to have a km/h speedo?

You could email Harry at PCA, he may be able to shed some light?

Good luck with the sale, is the blue original? Needs some work, and sorry that rear wing has to go :) , but looks to be a nice car with a little work..

18 hours ago, bear924 said:

Seems like a fair price. From pics seems like it's a doable project and would be worth something in the end due to the manual box. Challenge would be how much repair work required in addition to blown head gasket etc. Even small stuff can quickly add up ... ask me how I know :rolleyes:

amen to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived