The HG Ute "cannabis compartment"

Poor bugger , held up by Froglaw!

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/04/09/french-customs-threatens-to-crush-mans-holden-ute-over-factory-standard-secret-compartment/?refer=news

"McKimmie and his brother have been trying to assemble documentation from fellow Holden ute owners and from Holden itself to prove that the floor gap was merely a cost-saving measure on Holden’s part and not a drug-smuggling secret compartment.

French Customs officials declined to comment on the matter due to “professional secrecy.”"

Is this for real or some late April fools joke? All cars have "hidden" compartments, or have not the French discovered door trims and what lay inside them yet..... :lol:

I needed a good laugh!

Don't mention the glove box then, It can be locked too!!

2 hours ago, ANF said:

or have not the French discovered door trims and what lay inside them yet..... :lol:

"French drug-sniffing dogs found what he described as a 30-year-old joint in the ute’s spare wheel. "

What a waste

French cars are so rusty the joints fall out on the road.

• 2 years later...

Those French people are weird. I cannot believe that they actually have a legal right to do something like this. I think they should have a stronger argument to do something like that, at least getting an order. I have been there a couple of times, and I see that their customs try to prevent drugs from crossing their borders. While their local police have absolutely no idea what’s going on inside the country. When you walk in the evening, in most of the places, they smoke weed and not even trying to hide it. In the beginning, I was shy to use my vape pen, and most of you probably know that the vape pen makes no harm to a human.