-6 AN fuel lines - how to connect to fuel filter?

Mike D'Silva

I'm installing a new fuel system in my car and it has a set of -6AN fuel lines and connectors.. but I'm not sure how to get them to mate to the Mahle fuel filter or the return line to the tank.

So, here is a photo showing 2 AN fittings I was supplied; 1 is apparently metric:AN adapter.. and the other is AN:AN but the threads look identical to me.

I got the impression I was meant to install the metric : AN into the end of the filter, but that brass fitting is in there with loctite!!

nywkDT9.jpg

Here is a shot of the connector on the top of the filter that I need to connect to... Is there a fitting which screws on to this and takes an -6AN fitting ?

This is all very new to me.. 

m1cpJqQ.jpg

On 5/12/2018 at 1:32 AM, Mike D'Silva said:

So that means each time I change the filter, I have to pull the brass out and thread seal the AN adapter in again... you'd think there would be an easily available adapter.... ??

Yep. But there shouldn't be loctite on there. Just an aluminium washer. 

17 hours ago, Redracn said:

You could always change the filter to a more common one with push on fittings and use one of these. https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/fuel-systems-efi-accessories/efi-fuel-fittings/af808-01blk

or just get the spanners out every 50,000km

+1

7 hours ago, Airhead said:

Who the hell uses loctite on a fuel filter?

People who shouldn't be around a tool. 

Archived