Does anyone know this 964 Cab? And some thoughts...

withers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my enthusiasm I've just realized that I shouldn't have publicly talked about the engine. Firstly it is not confirmed. Secondly I'd hate my big mouth to get anyone in trouble.

Amanda, nobody is going to get into trouble! You throw out some posts and some questions and members answer as they feel and if they wish to do so.

I think it's great the feedback and response you have had until now. Only problem is that this is a public forum, and if Russell frequents here, he may be planning a strategy to deal with your upcoming negotiations!!!!

Amanda I know exactly what your going through. A year ago I was going through the same motions and found myself asking every scary and worse case question could think of. It almost was too much hassle for me to continue on my journey getting into my 911.

You've done your research and hopefully the tests on this will come up roses - you will be so happy once behind the wheel.

Amanda I know exactly what your going through. A year ago I was going through the same motions and found myself asking every scary and worse case question could think of. It almost was too much hassle for me to continue on my journey getting into my 911.

You've done your research and hopefully the tests on this will come up roses - you will be so happy once behind the wheel.

I know! I saw a white Scirrocco with black rims last night on the road and thought - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no no stop that Amanda, don't be silly it'll be worth half what you pay for it in 5 years!

I've done research... lets hope I know what I'm doing!

Just my 2 bob worth: I too had the rebuild budget and heebeejeebees before buying however, given your tests come back on the engine with compression, leak down etc good, look after it and you should be fine for a few years still before a rebuild. Many a P has done 400K without one. Like everything in life, look after it and enjoy for a longtime yet. In short your apprehension is rational however take it from me, the biggest sceptic I know, once your in the hot seat you will be so happy you did. Never before have I enjoyed driving to work at 5 mph so much in peak hour than I do now. Even after a year it just feels better and better.

Got the results?

Just my 2 bob worth: I too had the rebuild budget and heebeejeebees before buying however, given your tests come back on the engine with compression, leak down etc good, look after it and you should be fine for a few years still before a rebuild. Many a P has done 400K without one. Like everything in life, look after it and enjoy for a longtime yet. In short your apprehension is rational however take it from me, the biggest sceptic I know, once your in the hot seat you will be so happy you did. Never before have I enjoyed driving to work at 5 mph so much in peak hour than I do now. Even after a year it just feels better and better.

Got the results?

Hey Doish, it goes in tomorrow for the PPI. So I'll have the report tomorrow arvo :)

Guest Nick987

Nah, will be easy and straight forward and you can arksk the person that did the PPI questions and to elaborate.

No sweat, just write up a bunch of questions and give them a call once they email it to you. Have a chat for 15 mins and you will know...oooo so excitement!

P in your driveway next weekend! I can hear it already...see? you smirkin' already!!

Just picked up on this. Sensational news Amanda. Hope things go your way.

Lot's of people ready to offer an educated opinion on the results (not counting myself as I tend to have emotional opinions).

You should post any questions you may have. Are you getting a leakdown test done also?

Cheers guys. I'm not getting too excited at this stage. I phoned a private seller this afternoon who has a Coupe 964 but an Auto. I think I'd be doing myself a disservice by not looking at more cars if I can. So this weekend I'm going to check out a Coupe too.

I'll then see how I feel about it all over the weekend.

Guest Nick987

I have found the best purchases for me almost always are the first options that pop up! It feels like the stars align and I jump on the opportunity...

Would you believe Nick, that all my previous purchases were impulsive?

In fact I was on a "break" in my relationship once...

What ARE these 'relationship breaks' you speak of?

...That was fun to explain once the break was over!!

Hah! Priceless! Would loved to see the expression on the face! Pics? (nah! just kiddin' aroun witchya)

Yeh I've been watching that one on CS for a while now and also the &sort=default"]silver ish coloured one, I actually spoke to the owner of the silver one last night. I might go look at it on Sunday.

I should phone the red owner too. He doesn't say much in his advert. Maybe I'll see if I can see them both same day. Whilst auto isn't my first option, I'm open to it. All those that I've spoken to that have the auto love them. So its worth me checking out.

Archived