Wheel alignment not quite right??

T-Man

Toto993,

That story is almost too cruel for words, but it definitely solved the riddle of who the experts are in your area. Great news also nothing seriously wrong with your car. Enjoy!

Ah yes.

Bloody experts!!!!

These so called experts do a full wheel alignment, change the inner tie rod ends and there's not much change from a gorilla.

Then they take a high performance vehicle that they have just recalibratied the wheel geometry on and take if for a lesuirely drive in the back streets. Haven't mentioned the business but to say they are one of the largest and extremelly well respected independent would be accurate.

I was also prepared to do a major service with them over the next couple of weeks. You know that's not gonna happen!!!

Time to find a small independant shop that cares about the finished product!

Theo,

Some interesting reading there, sounds like after a long saga the issue might be gone for good.

Fingers crossed it bloody stays away for good, things like that can frustrate the sh@# out of you. Can't say I would have imagined having the lock nut in the wrong place would have made so much difference.

BTW, I spoke to Theo on Chifley Drive last week about the tyre prices etc and he was another $140 per tyre cheaper than the guy I had. Thanks for the number I will call him in a few weeks and get the tyres ordered in.

Kev

Hey Kev,

Glad my tyre contact Theo could help. A bit of tongue in cheek on the wheel nut thing, but I'm pleased Stuckey found the problem.

I put the old Cup wheels and tyres on and the car is now driving really well.

I should get the rims back over the next few days and take her out for a run.

Oh.......I forgot. Im in the process of pulling the ignition lock out because the barrel is giving me greif and the key won't turn!!!!!

May have to wait a bit for another drive!!!!!!!!

Ha ha you looked very sus, trying to start your car this morning Theo.

desismileys_6327.gif

If I was still in my other life, definitely would have checked your creds.

BTW, your beast sounded awesome, when you finally did get it going, .....bring on my FISTER exhaust.

desismileys_2593.gif

Archived