Dud relay

dobbo

While I had the battery out the other day I cleaned up fuse 9 and swapped over defrost relay with the blower fan relay as my blower hasn't worked from day one of ownership. 

Blower now working and defrost now not working so I want to buy two new relays. Has anyone purchased these and if so where and how much? Thanks in advance Dobbo. 

dobbo

If your so inclined you can trying fixing your relay. 

I had a similar issues in a previous thread "radiator fan run on" in front engine. 

@Peter M suggested this solution: http://www.911chips.com/dmerelay.html

It wasn't the dme that was the issue but the instructions were based on using that relay as an example of wht to do. I put extra solder on the back of the circuit board. It worked for me.

I bought a new soldering iron of higher wattage and a sharp working point.

good luck

What you are after is this I believe, a standard 4 pin 40a relay, available just about everywhere. Take yours out and make sure you buy one with the same circuit diagram on the side (ie 30 to 87 circuit). Maybe about $10.....

103469_x800.jpg

eccosafetygroup.com.au/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/am/Britax_Relays.pdf

1 hour ago, ANF said:

What you are after is this I believe, a standard 4 pin 40a relay, available just about everywhere. Take yours out and make sure you buy one with the same circuit diagram on the side (ie 30 to 87 circuit). Maybe about $10.....

103469_x800.jpg

eccosafetygroup.com.au/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/am/Britax_Relays.pdf

This is what I've always loved about this forum over the past number of years ....

The knowledge of different people about all different facets of things and the sharing of such information ..

Great bit of information and thanks for sharing @ANF ... ?

14 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

This is what I've always loved about this forum over the past number of years ....

The knowledge of different people about all different facets of things and the sharing of such information ..

Great bit of information and thanks for sharing @ANF ... ?

That's the whole point isn't it, you learn something and then pass it on to the next person who may need it :)

9 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

dobbo

If your so inclined you can trying fixing your relay. 

I had a similar issues in a previous thread "radiator fan run on" in front engine. 

@Peter M suggested this solution: http://www.911chips.com/dmerelay.html

It wasn't the dme that was the issue but the instructions were based on using that relay as an example of wht to do. I put extra solder on the back of the circuit board. It worked for me.

I bought a new soldering iron of higher wattage and a sharp working point.

good luck

This has worked for me as well in the past.

Archived