The Old Ring

OZ930

crazy stuff in terms of safety in cars and around track ..........we just didnt know any better back then and thought that was ok ...look at old Bathurst footage its a death trap to .............BRAVE Men BACK THEN :)

7 hours ago, Raven said:

crazy stuff in terms of safety in cars and around track ..........we just didnt know any better back then and thought that was ok ...look at old Bathurst footage its a death trap to .............BRAVE Men BACK THEN :)

Fuchin'  fantastic, one of my favourite eras of racing... plenty of bonafide world stars in that lot, life in your hands (or someone else's) 10 times a lap!

I would have killed to see footage like that when I was a kid.  I was besotted with F1 but there was just nothing like this to watch on Australian TV.  My mum was really into it back then.  She cried the day Jim Clark died.

I used to build Tamiya model cars and my favourite was the F1 Lotus I had with Graham Hill driving it.  All got thrown out though by my dad when he sold our family home. Wish I could go back in time and take them out of my old room before he cleaned everything out.  I had a 12 cyl Matra and beautiful 917 Porsche too.  Gosh I loved building and painting those things.  I got one for Christmas and my birthday each year and I spent days putting them together.

Archived