986 Boxster S auto 38K

No,  not according to my ULTIMATE HISTORY OF PORSCHE book (which is a UK book)  and it says the 3.2,  246BHP

Boxster S hit the streets in 1999 .  As per below, we may have been a bit slower getting them than the UK? 

Not an expert on the release year here though, you may be right.

They apparently came out with 17" wheels as per below.... The one for sale has 19" inch wheels on it.

They may look alright, but from memory...and I think you may have mentioned it recently, they larger wheels can cause all sorts of handling problems?????

IMG_2399.jpeg

2 hours ago, Niko said:

Re $38k Niko, you'd only be fooling yourself and holding onto it for the next 2 years with not one contact on the advert (except laughing messages) and have to drop the price $20k to get a sale..... like this dude will have to. $38k ppfffffft!

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the "S" with a 3.2 motor come out in a later year?

model year 00, all good

2 hours ago, Niko said:

clearly his wife has told him to sell it and he has complied by listing it for sale

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Re $38k Niko, you'd only be fooling yourself and holding onto it for the next 2 years with not one contact on the advert (except laughing messages) and have to drop the price $20k to get a sale..... like this dude will have to. $38k ppfffffft!

model year 00, all good

Yes mate, good luck with his projects there, don't mean to be rude.... but.

Ha ha well it won't be turned into a boxrod at that price I am thinking..

1 hour ago, Ozvino said:

clearly his wife has told him to sell it and he has complied by listing it for sale

:Chuckle2: haha Of course....never thought of that strategy.....second oldest trick in the book...:cool07:

There's a lot of dreaming on carsales. I think you can distill it down to 2 scenarios:

1. Float it on the market and see what happens, or,

2. Entirely delusional. 

Either way that one's at least 15k over the odds.

59 minutes ago, Niko said:

:Chuckle2: haha Of course....never thought of that strategy.....second oldest trick in the book...:cool07:

Oldest trick in the book being leave house with said car/motorcycle/mountain bicycle, "object", and return with new/newer/better object in same colour???? 😉

Archived