Accommodation Tips w car trailer between Brisbane & Sydney

Gavn

I'm about to bring a car back from Brissy on a trailer & will be doing Northbound in 1 leg but looking to come back over two days.  Does anyone have recommendations for a one night stop that's somewhat secure for a car & trailer combo?

Secure accommodation for your car+trailer is a big ask; however, you could consider going a small way out of town and staying on a vineyard where the potential for mischief is extremely low.  Try this place, very well situated for your trip and excellent should you be traveling with your significant other.  While you are about it, consider going back along the Thunderbolt Highway for less traffic and more interest.   Don't miss Cafe Graze in Walcha.

5 hours ago, sydr said:

Secure accommodation for your car+trailer is a big ask; however, you could consider going a small way out of town and staying on a vineyard where the potential for mischief is extremely low.  Try this place, very well situated for your trip and excellent should you be traveling with your significant other.  While you are about it, consider going back along the Thunderbolt Highway for less traffic and more interest.   Don't miss Cafe Graze in Walcha.

Thanks - off the track a little is usually a good idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Brissy to bulladelah around 7 hrs or stop Sawtell on the way through , Gosford RSL good needing a stop prior to sydney traffic , POrt Macquarie the hotel near the Milk Bar , you can park in street and quiet as , can’t recall its name ..

Sincerly other than Coffs I have parked up many a time with cars on board and no problems , you can always also throw a soft extra large indoor car cover and a large tarp over the car , Bungy it on , most people can be arsed to look 

I really suggest the evening drive , much faster and good flow with the trucks and good speeds . I generally do that drive 6-7 hrs and then sleep mid coast and drive out early morning around syd when hitting Wakefield or something . 

Many ideas, how many hrs you wanna drive happy to recommend based on that .  Food is also a factor on the coast as is coffee , make stops based on this also 😀

Not do many choices of non deep fried chewy things between Ballina and Sydney 😄

8 hours ago, symsy said:

Not do many choices of non deep fried chewy things between Ballina and Sydney 😄

Mr Noodle (or whatever he is called) opposite the Coffs Hotel on the left heading South, in the center of town is a pretty good nosh.!

Archived