spare key blanks

Tips

Looking to organise some spare keys for the SC. Only has 1 and I’m a shocker for misplacing or locking keys in cars.

there are a lot of 911 blanks on eBay which I can roll the dice on, just interested if someone has found a local reliable source?

Based in Sydney and thanks in advance

46 minutes ago, Tips said:

Looking to organise some spare keys for the SC. Only has 1 and I’m a shocker for misplacing or locking keys in cars.

there are a lot of 911 blanks on eBay which I can roll the dice on, just interested if someone has found a local reliable source?

Based in Sydney and thanks in advance

Not sure what an SC key look like (I have only seen the watercooled keys) but if similar to watercooled, with the keying in the sides of the key (and straight edges) rather than the edge being keyed, I had a really good result getting one out of UK - just sent a good photo of the side of the key and they were able to cut off that.  If this would work I can look up the details when I get home today....  Think it was about $25AUD 

Just my experience... I bought a blank off the interweb and just gave my key for the dude to copy onto the blank... works fine. So, don’t be shy of the web, just get a local key cutter to make a good copy. especially cos an old SC key is not electronic or chipped or anything. 

Stephen

The man you want is Keys4classics.  He has a website and offers everything you need and can decode a key code from photographs of your old key and cut to a formula rather than duplicate your worn out one.  I’ve used him a couple times for air cooled 911 keys and highly recommend him.  Even managed to decode the locking wheel nut key. 

http://keys4classics.com/

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/04/2019 at 12:26, Peter M said:

Stephen

The man you want is Keys4classics.  He has a website and offers everything you need and can decode a key code from photographs of your old key and cut to a formula rather than duplicate your worn out one.  I’ve used him a couple times for air cooled 911 keys and highly recommend him.  Even managed to decode the locking wheel nut key. 

http://keys4classics.com/

Thanks Pete ordered, received  and had two cut on Monday.  Just feel much happier having a spare or two.

now just need to organise a spare piranha remote for the aftermarket immobiliser