BATHURST 1990 GODZILLA...

I've just found a memory stick with some of my old motorsport photos, so I I will post up some of my favourites and hopefully not bore anyone.

They are all colour neg stuff so quality not as good as digital of course, and unfortunately I haven't nominated years etc on the memory stick, so I will have to make a bit of a guess thereimg209.jpg.6b90f670894446dea02a2f68d7d7369f.jpg

The late Gregg Hansford I think 1990 in the Sierra.   I loved this shot, he seen me trying to get a mirror shot of him so he did the right thing, for me.  Then when he taxied out gave me a thumbs up.    True gentleman and a great loss to Motorsport

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

I was a fan of Hansford on the bikes when growing up as a kid. One of the best ever road racers Australia has produced 

I well remember the Easter Superbike races at Mount Panorama the early '80's when Conrod Strait was just that - with a bloody big hump in the middle. Seeing the Z1000, Katana's GXR's and BMW 1000's suspension bottoming out & twisting the chassis as they landed was a sight to make you gasp and grab your nuts.

I'm surprised Hansford / Doohan / Johnson / Phillis et al could sit astride those bikes 'cause their gonads were that big...

Respect !!  

@Stephen Tinker

I was offered a ride there in 2000, but that fell through when the bikes owner crashed a few weeks beforehand and destroyed the bike 🙄 Part of me wishes I had ridden there, yet the majority part says I'm glad I didnt! 😁

I've often watched the racing with Andrew Johnson, Wally Campbell, Phillis et al (I'm a massive Katana fan having owned a few), and I agree all the riders back in the day had some major man vegetables tucked away.

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@Stephen Tinker

I was offered a ride there in 2000, but that fell through when the bikes owner crashed a few weeks beforehand and destroyed the bike 🙄 Part of me wishes I had ridden there, yet the majority part says I'm glad I didnt! 😁

I've often watched the racing with Andrew Johnson, Wally Campbell, Phillis et al (I'm a massive Katana fan having owned a few), and I agree all the riders back in the day had some major man vegetables tucked away.

Have that on your own....

I have never been on a motor bike or a horse.   And I can safely say at my age now, I never will.

I still have everything I was born with, and they all still work (ha ha well some not as good as they used to :()

Yeah @Niko I wasnt really that keen to ride there, yet a friend was a maniac and offered me a free ride. Would have been fun and a hell of an experience, yet it would be a very scary place on a bike at race speeds 

21 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yeah @Niko I wasnt really that keen to ride there, yet a friend was a maniac and offered me a free ride. Would have been fun and a hell of an experience, yet it would be a very scary place on a bike at race speeds 

I did a few brisk laps on my K100 road bike back in the 80`s, I think it was the revived Easter meeting, but not sure of the event. Holy shit it was scary at road bike speed coming down the mountain, I honestly can`t imagine racing there on a bike.