Ken

Things are moving along nicely now,with the rear strengthening kit fitted and finished,then Max moved onto the firewall inspection/service door,which looks like ex factory it's so bloody good!!!!

No need for engine out to change a belt or access dizzies,alt etc.

The new firewall will be fitted in the next couple of days,which then leaves the fluted floor pan upfront to be welded in.

I've given the wheels a real good cleanup and they look terrific!

Strength Kit.JPG

Finished Strength Kit.JPG

Firewall door.JPG

Firewall Door Fitted.JPG

3 hours ago, rafikdous said:

Why do you title all your posts with your name rather than the subject?

3 hours ago, rafikdous said:

Why do you title all your posts with your name rather than the subject?

Sorry, not so good at this, but thanks for the tip as I think this is an interesting build.

I’ll get the “Fuhrer” who knows all to get involved in future.

Cheers

Ken.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope i'm doing this correctly this time and adding to the existing posts.

The old battered firewall has been removed and revealed some rust on the ex drivers side,which has now been fixed,so we dodged a bullet there I think.

Being a newbie to this caper, I didn't appreciate the time that goes into prepping metal properly,so we don't have the problem in future. The firewall is an old original,so had the rust coloured paint on it. Big possibility it will be in by close of business today,so I'm heading to Max's with a couple of Coors each to celebrate the milestone!

The replacement Oil Cooler is on the way and the two thermo fans that will help dissipate heat in the front space, have turned up today.

Last week a Factory 914/6 Oil tank turned up from Auto Atlanta and isn't George (dr 914) worth his weight in gold!! Always keen to help and just full of information.

With help,I have loaded a few more photos,so I hope you like them.162981151_Rustfixed.thumb.JPG.bd33340c815e7ab18823f4d1aeb983ba.JPG

Cheers.

Rust on side.JPG

bare firewall.JPG

Painted Firewall.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

We're getting closer to paint now,after Max finished the Oil Cooler Lid. It fits like a glove and looks like it will act like a venturi. We decided to attach the space saver to the oil cooler top,instead of bolting it to the front firewall.

Another delivery of parts is due on Thursday,which will allow us the fit the Oil Tank as well as the two torsion bars that allow proper operation of the engine lid,as well as the boot lid. The engine lid latch mount and latch will also be fitted.

The two 914/6 GT Oil Lines that came with the car have seen a lot of elbow grease go into them and they look great.

Here's some more photos of our recent progress. 

Front Oil Cooler 2.jpg

Front Oil Cooler.jpg

Oil Cooler.jpg

Oil Cooler with space saver.jpg