2008 Boxster S UK import - Insurance advice

JasonH

I'm with SHANNONS, for the BOX only. Agreed value $40,000. $550.00 basic excess No claim discount 65%

(whatever that means) protected for life

and the premium is $872.00 per year.

Pretty good I reckon.....

Just to put things in perspective, my 996 insurance in the UK was £750 ($1100). That included unlimited track days in the UK and Europe and unlimited miles per annum. Good luck with trying to find insurance like that here in Oz. 

Shannon's and other specialty insurers are the only way to insure imports.

Welcome to the land of the rip-off. It never used to be this way, but it is out of control now, especially somewhere like sydney.

Cars in aus are a complete ripoff due to government protection,mwhich you already know,about with the reams of paperwork you filled out to get the boxster in.

Same goes for property, work, restaurants - either stupid taxes or stupid regulations that drive the prices up on everything. It's becoming much more like the uk in that way, mores the pty.

I'm with SHANNONS, for the BOX only. Agreed value $40,000. $550.00 basic excess No claim discount 65%

(whatever that means) protected for life

and the premium is $872.00 per year.

Pretty good I reckon.....

Hmmm Niko....AAMI for my Boxster, agreed value $38,500 standard excess $625, No claim discount 65%, premium $969 pa.  You've done well...only difference is Sydney v Melbourne...plus my car is 3 years newer although a non "S".

Hmmm Niko....AAMI for my Boxster, agreed value $38,500 standard excess $625, No claim discount 65%, premium $969 pa.  You've done well...only difference is Sydney v Melbourne...plus my car is 3 years newer although a non "S".

Appears I have done well. Have been with them for about 18 years (restored 180b SSS - MX5 - WRX - Boxster) strayed from them once for a year with the box, but they did the right thing although a little haggling this year. I claimed a windscreen when selling my REX but that is only claim over those years. They have been good I must say, although, until you do a major claim ...who knows. Don,t hear any/much negative stuff about them though.

Archived