997 Side decals / protectors replacement

Higgo

Hey folks - any tips or suggestions on replacing the clear side paint protectors on the leading edge of the rear guards? Mine have gone yellow over time - not sure if it’s necessary to grab genuine Porsche or the paint protection guys will do it. I’m in MELBOURNE and any suggestions / experience welcomed 

56ABC193-DC54-45FC-A8A9-85782FC85813.png

The “genuine” Porsche ones are $120 each. Theyre just 3M stickers so Im sure they could be had for a lot cheaper. They can be a bitch to remove and have been known to go brittle and just break off in little pieces. All the glue gets left behind on the paint so be prepared for some scrubbing. I was lucky enough to have a paint shop do mine while it was in getting some other stuff done. I got the impression there was some swearing involved but it only took them about half an hour to do one side. Ive heard of it taking hours for some people. Just depends how shagged the old ones are.

• 2 weeks later...

To close this out for those interested - I had them replaced in the thicker 3M film by The Invisible Car Bra Coy (James) in Scoresby - was $135 for both sides inc labor which I thought was very reasonable - only issue was it took them 8 hours !! Yes 8!. This was due to the points raised by Simonk