Add your own profile pic...

Kerry

Hey All,

1. Top right corner of your profile page has "Edit my Profile" - Click on it.

Your Avatar is the pic that shows up as your profile pic for everyone to see when you are participating in posts.

Your Photo is an alternative pic that shows on your profile page if you want another image, maybe of you?! (I have both mine set to the same pic.)

2. Go to left hand side menu and select "Change Avatar".

3. Go to "Your Image Avatars" and then "Choose File".

4. Select an image for your Avatar image. It has to be equal to, or less than 200 by 200 pixels. The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png.

5. Click "Save Changes" and hey presto!

To change your Photo repeat the above steps except select "Change Photo" instead of "Change Avatar", and the file can be as big as 100k - 150 x 150 pixels.

;)

Kerry

Hey All,

1. Top right corner of your profile page has "Edit my Profile" - Click on it.

Your Avatar is the pic that shows up as your profile pic for everyone to see when you are participating in posts.

Your Photo is an alternative pic that shows on your profile page if you want another image, maybe of you?! (I have both mine set to the same pic.)

2. Go to left hand side menu and select "Change Avatar".

3. Go to "Your Image Avatars" and then "Choose File".

4. Select an image for your Avatar image. It has to be less than 50k in size (90 by 90 pixels). The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png.

5. Click "Save Changes" and hey presto!

To change your Photo repeat the above steps except select "Change Photo" instead of "Change Avatar", and the file can be as big as 100k - 150 x 150 pixels.

;)

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Owns an RS and can work a computer...I'm impressed.

I reckon the Avatar was the only thing I didn't look at.

Many thanks.

AndyS

• 3 years later...

I tried following the directions but there seems not to be any mention of 'Avatar' when I go into my Profile page VAS. I can see where I can upload a photo but from what I gather that is not the Avatar...and thanks for the welcome. 

To add, when I try and follow the instructions in this or the thread in FAQ titled 'Adding an Avatar to your Profile'

Kerry says that there is a section titled 'Your Options' once into your Profile settings. I don't seem to be able to find this either. I keep thinking I'm having a d'oh moment and even though I'm pretty familiar with most forum layouts and even though this one has a different feel to it, I think I would have stumbled upon the correct path by now....d'oh! 

Patrick, go to the drop down arrow next to your name in the top right hand corner.

Click on my profile.

The box on the left hand side will be empty.

In the back ground of that box will say "Change"

Click on that box and it will give the down load options for the pic.

If that does not work I will get Kerry on the case.

Let me know.

or just call me and I can talk you through it 0418501400

Hot damn...I never saw the word change in the Silhouette box Vas. Thanks for pointing that out. Now I'll see if I can load in a pic. They only allow for a very small (50kb) pic and even my reduced pics are 500kbs..so I'll have to try reducing the reduction and see how I go. Just for a silly Avatar. 

Thanks for helping a digger out though. :)

• 2 years later...

Evidently the site has changed a bit since 2010 but I can't get my new avatar to load - nor can I get my old one to work again. 

My settings > Change my photo > use custom photo > choose file > at which point it thinks for a while but nothing appears in the crop box

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Archived