997 4S - MK2

P T

Hi folks,

Some people call me crazy but a few months ago, in june 2012 to be exactly, I sold my 993 4S. Mostly because of the bad weather, the rain, the snow, salt, etc,…The past year, she only drove about 3000 k’s. I was getting too careful and worried about rust on my grey lady so the decission was made,….she had to go !

I’ve put her on the internet for sale and 4 days later, she was sold ! Not just to anyone,…it had to be a person who knew what he was buying and someone who would take care of it like I did. After a lot of calls and emails, (and a lot of my words : I’m not selling it to you,…sorry), a guy showed up on my driveway and there was that “click”. Started talking,…took her for a ‘good’ testdrive on the autobahn, (the smile on that guys face was worth a million), and the deal was made, (with mixed feelings :( ).

Lucky for me, he also attends meetings across the country, so I still see the 993 from time to time.

22_03_2011004.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

Vroemdag20Zolder20200920429.jpg

Initially, I was planning to buy the new 991, until our wonderful governement changed a few sentences in a law concerning taxes on company-cars for self employed people. So, it had to be a very Young 911. A few weeks later, I bought myself a 2010 911 4S MK2 at an OPC with all the options I wanted : PCCB’s, Sport chrono, PASM, Sport exhaust, Sports Seats, Bose sound system,….etc.

I’ve been driving that car for over 6 months now and I like it a lot !! Lots of power and torque,…but also very easy to drive especially in busy city centres, (the heavy clutch in the 993 changed that into hard work). Some pics attached !

IMG_4395.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

Please, feel free to comment ! :unsure:

Regards, Paul.

Hi Paul,

Very nice looking cars (both of them). It sounds like your now in a position to enjoy driving a Porsche more often so it seems like an appropriate decision for your circumstances. All the best & enjoy the modern conveniences & Au Rouge :).

Cheers.

Wayne

Hi Paul,

Nice to hear from you again. Gosh that must have been a hard decision to sell the 993 but I guess you still have your 993 cab so haven't completely deserted the air cooled fraternity.

Love your choice of the 997mk2 c4s. I think they are an awesome car. Congratulations and enjoy....

Merry Christmas

Chris

I regularly think about my next P-car and how would I feel about letting the 993 go.

I'd like to think I could keep it and take it on "special" drives only, but I doubt that would happen. I bought my car from a guy who certainly wasn't an enthusiast, but I would love to pass the 993 batton one day as you have.

Great choice and a worthy transition. Enjoy.

Archived