Car Stereo?

Digital Mouth

Is this the Retrosound model one you guys are talking?

http://www.retrosoun.../details/id/214

They are priced very well compared to the likes of the Becker Mexico Retro.

The Retrosound might be the go for me, even if the sound is average, as 1970's speakers are average and the 70's cars have a lot of cabin noise to contend with as well.

Thanks for putting me onto these ones.

I'm looking for a system that will suit my convertible and let me blow people away with lot's of Bass and Top End.

So I can listen to my favorite driving tunes like the one below in style.

Deep bass in a convertable is never easy as lack of roof makes it harder. It can be done but it's tricky for the less experienced. Adding a sub to the factory system maybe the improvement you are looking for. Most ppl upgrade the head unit, then do speakers, then maybe they add a sub, if they haven't given up already. I suggest you do it other way around. Add sub, then speakers then last the HU as often ading the sub brings up the sound quality of the factory system to the point many ppl are happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Do these come with a multi-lingual manual or are they only in german?

EDIT: Never mind, it took me 2 seconds on google to find english installation pdf's :)

Multi Lingual Manuals and you can present regions and Languages................the BT 420 ROCKS I have it in my C3 Now. Works perfect and knocks out the sounds..........

You guys seen those original looking tape player / radio only set ups on eBay which are infancy retro looking moden units with full mp3 ability. Pretty cheap too and keeps the interior original.

Yes, these are by all accounts are of a lower quality level and just look cheap and, well not right. A Friend bought one for his old school chev and it just sounds ordinary....... It would pain me to spend $900 on a Becker but it does look the business and you know you are getting absolute quality. Even the Porsche Classic unit looks great, however it doesn't have bluetooth streaming and the Nav function wont work in Australia so...............no good for me :-(

retro sound model one? i nearly bought it with the face and dails for a 70s 911, but it didn't have bluetooth and some of the audio qulity reviews have said the sound was average

Yep, they are complete Pooh as mentioned above.

Bluetooth streaming is an absolute must for me...........The Blaupunkt Units seem to be the only ones on the market that don't look like they belong in an epidsode of Blakes 7.........what is it with all the lights and chintzy crap???

Clarion do, however make a very good head unit that is Radio and Bluetooth/Media Card only, so no cd player at all. It is very plain looking and I almost bought one. But I likes my Blaupunkt's.........and I am glad I now have a BT420 as it is the best for me, at under $200 landed it is also an absolute Bargain!!!

• 1 year later...

Can anyone recommend an audio installer in Melbourne? Can any one do it or should I not trust my new old porsche to just anyone. I have a blaupunkt bt420 to fit, and would probably need some rear speaker advice/fitment.

Would prefer either Preston/northcote or Altona area?

Cheers rob

i got my BT420 fitted this week, can't wait to see how it sounds

and because I haven't updated this, it sounds awesome. Only nit pick I have is skipping/going back on songs is by a dial and it's easy to accidently get a few at once

Can anyone recommend an audio installer in Melbourne? Can any one do it or should I not trust my new old porsche to just anyone. I have a blaupunkt bt420 to fit, and would probably need some rear speaker advice/fitment.

Would prefer either Preston/northcote or Altona area?

Cheers rob

Hi Rob,

I very recently got Simon to install the 70's Becker Mexico on got my hands on, as per this thread

I was very happy with the quality of the job (will post pics later) and Simon can come to your car.

Cheers,

D

Archived